Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F.A. 2024 (No Kirk Zone)
But at the end of the day, maybe he's more Axel Foley  =)

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Axel was a badass who got the job done.  KAM ... ?

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I'd like to see at least one of our edges brought back (Hunter or Wonnum) and to me, if there's zero intention on bringing Harrison Smith back (likely) than Winfield Jr makes too much sense in this Flores defense and would allow Mattelus to keep doing his thing as a rover all over the field. Wilkins would represent an upgrade along our defensive line which outside of QBOTF, is by far our biggest need still. We need a 3rd receiver and there's a talented list of RB's available in free agency that likely could be had at decent cost. 

We've got work to do and ground to male up, so hopefully the golden child is up to the task...
Why do you call Kwesi the "Golden Child"?
Because he's the golden boy...and bares a striking resemblance to Eddie Murphy in the movie of the same name 
Ok, I don't think I ever saw that movie so I didn't understand.
You didnt miss much

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Axel was a badass who got the job done.  KAM ... ?
Well, we know KAM loves helping out the city of Detroit as much as Axel did  B)

I know this is a no-Kirk thread, but signing him (or not) is going to dictate much of what we do in free agency. And not just because of the money.

If we let Kirk sign elsewhere, moving up in the draft for a QB who can start right away becomes much more of an imperative. And the cost to do so will require multiple future picks, requiring the Vikings to build their roster thru free agency instead of the draft. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I know this is a no-Kirk thread, but signing him (or not) is going to dictate much of what we do in free agency. And not just because of the money.

If we let Kirk sign elsewhere, moving up in the draft for a QB who can start right away becomes much more of an imperative. And the cost to do so will require multiple future picks, requiring the Vikings to build their roster thru free agency instead of the draft. 
Trading up for QBOTF is gonna be spendy.

It's the function of the strategy of a competitive rebuild  where mediocrity ensures the Vikings don't pick in the Top 10.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

I keep going back and forth. I kinda think Mccarthy at 11 and resigning kirk makes the most sense. 

Drake Maye would be fun but you nut yourself for two additional years of 1sts and likley a second or two. 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Trading up for QBOTF is gonna be spendy.

It's the function of the strategy of a competitive rebuild  where mediocrity ensures the Vikings don't pick in the Top 10.
This

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I keep going back and forth. I kinda think Mccarthy at 11 and resigning kirk makes the most sense. 

Drake Maye would be fun but you nut yourself for two additional years of 1sts and likley a second or two. 
I liked another posters notion of keeping our firsts and just use them the next 3 years to take QB prospects if necessary.  Stay at 11 and take the best available,  and repeat until you have your man,  and a couple in the cupboard.  Odds seem so low foe the top spots to pan out,  can't be much worse if you have 3 shots from further down.

Rumors going around that if we are unable to come to an agreement with Cousins, we will pursue Baker Mayfield in free agency. Maybe this is the "other" vet QB option Geoff was alluding to..?