Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Pays Large for Lying. Again.
Back to the original OP...you actually think that this verdict will stand Z?  I don't see a chance in hell.  This was a victimless "crime".  Real estate developers overstating their portfolio based on differing valuation methods.  Nope...never happened before...too funny.   I've bought and sold several properties and companies throughout my lifetime.  There's almost always a dispute on valuations for the purchase price and the collateral.  That's even more true for unique properties which have inherent valuation beyond just the brick and mortar.  Valuations are based on what someone will actually pay for a property.  Property tax valuations are a measure at how proactive the assessor has been at reassessing valuation.  I have a lake place in northern Wisconsin that I purchased just prior to Covid.  It's now worth 3 times what I paid for it due to extremely low inventory.  A great investment!  My tax bill certainly doesn't reflect the increase in valuation...and that's relatively simple compared to valuations of things like Mar a Lago and the Trump tower.  I've used the Zillow valuation on Personal Financial Statements to support outstanding financing on my business.  You really think I should use the assessed value or what I believe I can get for the property based on other metrics (Zillow and market report in this case)?  That's the crux of what the Judge said.  The bank verifies all the information anyway so it's really a moot point.   

You really think the bank is giving loans of that magnitude to Trump without due diligence to ensure ability to repay and proper collateral?  

The banks said they would give Trump the loans again and the loans were based on their own valuations.  Trump repaid the loans on time.  Threatening to seize property sounds like it violates Trump's constitutional rights.  The New York appellate should take care of this..if not...the Supreme Court will have a say based on violation of Trump's constitutional rights.  Our forefathers had the foresight to be wary of unreasonable seizure and taxation and write it in to the Constitution.  They'd lived that with the British.

Regardless of your position on Trump, everybody knows this is wrong.  Even liberal pundits admit it's wrong.  Between spying on a Presidential candidate under the predicate of an investigation by DOJ or suppression of opposition information/viewpoints by the current Admin...everyone should be worried about this political activity masquerading as justice.  Nobody should be happy with this.  It's tough to put that genie back in the bottle at some point and that pendulum will swing both ways.  

Let's just admit this is political persecution by a DA and Judge hellbent on getting Trump.  

He'll most likely declare bankruptcy, again.

Quote: @"badgervike" said:

Regardless of your position on Trump, everybody knows this is wrong.  Even liberal pundits admit it's wrong.  Between spying on a Presidential candidate under the predicate of an investigation by DOJ or suppression of opposition information/viewpoints by the current Admin...everyone should be worried about this political activity masquerading as justice.  Nobody should be happy with this.  It's tough to put that genie back in the bottle at some point and that pendulum will swing both ways.  

Let's just admit this is political persecution by a DA and Judge hellbent on getting Trump.  
Here's where I'm immediately chuckling: the people who use "everybody knows..." to anchor a point are, inevitably, coming across like junior-high students trying to put artificial weight on a point. What's not mentioned in your point is that the sunkist savior has a considerable history of gaming the system, of BRAGGING about it, and of s****ing where he eats...because he's a horrific narcissist with zero concept of accountability. For all the bibble-babble about this being political maneuvering/manipulation, the base fact is that he is constantly dishonest, and when dishonesty involves signatures, notaries, and multiple commas in dollar figures, it should make ANY functional person pause and reflect before putting pen to paper.

He gets himself into these dumbass situations, no amount of blaming the jackass party changes that.

On that note, something for his fan club:

[Image: 428650892_10231197037057031_366193051197...e=65DDD4C2]

Back to the original OP...you actually think that this verdict will stand Z?  I don't see a chance in hell.  This was a victimless "crime".  Real estate developers overstating their portfolio based on differing valuation methods.  Nope...never happened before...too funny.   I've bought and sold several properties and companies throughout my lifetime.  There's almost always a dispute on valuations for the purchase price and the collateral.  That's even more true for unique properties which have inherent valuation beyond just the brick and mortar.  Valuations are based on what someone will actually pay for a property.  Property tax valuations are a measure at how proactive the assessor has been at reassessing valuation.  I have a lake place in northern Wisconsin that I purchased just prior to Covid.  It's now worth 3 times what I paid for it due to extremely low inventory.  A great investment!  My tax bill certainly doesn't reflect the increase in valuation...and that's relatively simple compared to valuations of things like Mar a Lago and the Trump tower.  I've used the Zillow valuation on Personal Financial Statements to support outstanding financing on my business.  You really think I should use the assessed value or what I believe I can get for the property based on other metrics (Zillow and market report in this case)?  That's the crux of what the Judge said.  The bank verifies all the information anyway so it's really a moot point.   

You really think the bank is giving loans of that magnitude to Trump without due diligence to ensure ability to repay and proper collateral?  

The banks said they would give Trump the loans again and the loans were based on their own valuations.  Trump repaid the loans on time.  Threatening to seize property sounds like it violates Trump's constitutional rights.  The New York appellate should take care of this..if not...the Supreme Court will have a say based on violation of Trump's constitutional rights.  Our forefathers had the foresight to be wary of unreasonable seizure and taxation and write it in to the Constitution.  They'd lived that with the British.

You nail it right on the head again....   

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"badgervike" said:

Here's where I'm immediately chuckling: the people who use "everybody knows..." to anchor a point are, inevitably, coming across like junior-high students trying to put artificial weight on a point. What's not mentioned in your point is that the sunkist savior has a considerable history of gaming the system, of BRAGGING about it, and of s****ing where he eats...because he's a horrific narcissist with zero concept of accountability. For all the bibble-babble about this being political maneuvering/manipulation, the base fact is that he is constantly dishonest, and when dishonesty involves signatures, notaries, and multiple commas in dollar figures, it should make ANY functional person pause and reflect before putting pen to paper.

He gets himself into these dumbass situations, no amount of blaming the jackass party changes that.
Because there's nothing like calling Trump a bunch of childish names (Trumplestiltskin, OrangeBoi, Sunkist Savior) that screams a mature, well thought out position.

I don't like him...you don't like him even more.  That doesn't give anybody the right to take his rights...just because you oppose him.  They do that in Countries like China and Russia.  This is political persecution of an opposition candidate...plain and simple.  Again...who's the victim?

@"Zanary" said:
@"badgervike" said:

Because there's nothing like calling Trump a bunch of childish names (Trumplestiltskin, OrangeBoi, Sunkist Savior) that screams a mature, well thought out position.

I don't like him...you don't like him even more.  That doesn't give anybody the right to take his rights...just because you oppose him.  They do that in Countries like China and Russia.  This is political persecution of an opposition candidate...plain and simple.  Again...who's the victim?
OK, we'll try this again so you don't skip it:

he's constantly dishonest, he brags about what he can get away with, he flouts his "invincibility" right in the noses of the authorities in question, and when he's caught...over and over...he b*tches and moans and complains that everything is the system, the dems, anything and everything but the lies he told in the first f***ing place.

He's a consistent liar, many decades into lying about seemingly every aspect of everything he does. The fact that he's managed to trip over enough lines enough times to get lined up for charges/court isn't some bulls**t oppressive government overreach, it's a shameless, obnoxious repeat offender that's triple-dog-dared anyone to prosecute him for, again, decades getting called to the carpet by the very people whose noses he's enjoyed tweaking.

You keep acting like he's just a poor victim of a hateful system, but even as someone as cynical as I am about the system, he's been a lying, cheating s**tbag since he started by laundering his daddy's money. He gave them rope and even tied the f***ing noose for them, and you still give him zero blame?

If they had no case, if they thought he'd be able to joyfully skip away and gain yet more notoriety as the invincible combover, they wouldn't have pursued this. As I said, he s*at where he eats, as did his kids, and now NYC has had it with this particular facet of his BS. What's very funny to me is that his lawyer, who's likely charging enough money to feed Bolivia for a decade, is seemingly useless as far as knowing how to behave in a trial, or what the legal processes are...!

I figure she'll be the next in his string of high-profile firings.

It's funny how nobody went after him for all this lifetime of misdeeds when he was a democratic donor and supporter.  Only when he flipped teams does he become public enemy #1.  Seems to be a pretty common theme for team blue when their dogs bite the hand that feeds it.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
It's funny how nobody went after him for all this lifetime of misdeeds when he was a democratic donor and supporter.  Only when he flipped teams does he become public enemy #1.  Seems to be a pretty common theme for team blue when their dogs bite the hand that feeds it.

Not really funny, but more the fallacy of your point.  His legal mentor Roy Cohn is probably unheard of to you, but did raise him well, loved him more than Fred did by many accounts.  Trump was named in litigation  around 3,500 times before he was anointed leader of the patriotic conservatives.  

https://www.abajournal.com/web/article/a...0-lawsuits

So, on one hand, the news didn't report his thousands of times in litigation nearly as much until recently. On the other hand, the narcissistic clown does all he can to put that porcine face in front of cameras...so...I think everyone's involved, here....