Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shanahan found his scapegoat
The media-proclaimed offensive mastermind with possibly the most loaded skill positions in the NFL scores 1 TD in the 2nd half+ OT so he fires the DC  Wink  

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Shanny's kid has been a part of teams that have blown three different 10 point leads, IN THE SUPER BOWL. Can he fire himself?
It's called misdirection.  Whack the DC before the media zeroes in on Shanahan for blowing it again .

Quote: @kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
The SF D looked like it lost steam as the regular season progressed.

Part of this may also  trace back to lackluster D performances in the NFC playoffs leading up to the SB.

I agree with Jimmy, they played well enough in the SB to win a Lombardi.
you're the only one who gets it in this thread. The firing was season related not SB related. They were the number 1 defense in the league last year.They fell to around 8 in overall defense and rumblings of scheme fit were out there mid season.  When you have that much talent on a side of the ball more is expected thus the firing. 
They were dealing with injuries throughout the season IIRC on the defensive side of the ball.  I am pretty sure I heard Bosa was fighting through stuff for quite a bit of the season as well as a few others.  I don't follow them that close so I may be mistaken.