Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Per Jeremy Fowler at ESPN, Danielle Hunter expected to have a "strong" free agent market for his services with the Bears and Jaguars expected to make a major push 
That late late day 2 pick is going to be so sweet!!!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Per Jeremy Fowler at ESPN, Danielle Hunter expected to have a "strong" free agent market for his services with the Bears and Jaguars expected to make a major push 
That's the difference in the "competitive rebuild" and tearing it down to build it up again like the Bears have done (but you and I both know that). They can certainly outbid the Vikings if they wanted, and could you imagine Hunter paired opposite Sweat on that Bears line? Talk about a major kick in the balls if that comes to fruition. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
That's the difference in the "competitive rebuild" and tearing it down to build it up again like the Bears have done (but you and I both know that). They can certainly outbid the Vikings if they wanted, and could you imagine Hunter paired opposite Sweat on that Bears line? Talk about a major kick in the balls if that comes to fruition. 
Part of that may be the bears trying to get the Vikes to blow a huge chunk of cap on Hunter too,  if I was a GM I would certainly let it slip that I'm interested in free agents from division rivals, regardless of if it was true or not,  from time to time.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Part of that may be the bears trying to get the Vikes to blow a huge chunk of cap on Hunter too,  if I was a GM I would certainly let it slip that I'm interested in free agents from division rivals, regardless of if it was true or not,  from time to time.
Bears have the 7th most cap space (currently) to spend in free agency. Vikings are middle of the road (15th) so if it comes down to a bidding war, we lose and he signs in Chicago which is well known to want to continue upgrading their defense this offseason. We'll see, but it would make a lot of sense for them to add a bookend to Sweat 

Vikings can easily clear a bunch of cap with a TJH redo alone. 

If Harry leaves? Thats even more $

Question is will they want to throw that much $ at Hunter?  I hope they do. 

The Jaguars had been trying to trade for Hunter for some time, & let’s not overlook the tax advantages of playing in Florida. I think the Bears may break the bank for Chris Jones, they can then draft a top edge & gain some cost control, having already invested in Sweat at the DE position.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
The Jaguars had been trying to trade for Hunter for some time, & let’s not overlook the tax advantages of playing in Florida. I think the Bears may break the bank for Chris Jones, they can then draft a top edge & gain some cost control, having already invested in Sweat at the DE position.
Jones is one I would look at targeting of they do resign Cousins.  It would be nice to go younger,  but his playmaking and experience would go a long way on our DL.  I still advocate going for a hard reset,  but if they don't them go hard after it.

Bears cut Whitehair and Eddie Jackson today. Now sit at 70 million in available space to spend. 

But oooohhhhh, that "competitive rebuild"...

Bears cut Whitehair and Eddie Jackson today. Now sit at 70 million in available space to spend. 

Just curious, what's your view of the draft two years ago when the Vikes traded back with both the Lions and Packers?  How about the draft picks of Cine and Booth, and your overall feelings of Kwesi?  I'm not sure anyone has heard your view points on these topics yet.  B)

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Just curious, what's your view of the draft two years ago when the Vikes traded back with both the Lions and Packers?  How about the draft picks of Cine and Booth, and your overall feelings of Kwesi?  I'm not sure anyone has heard your view points on these topics yet.  B)
It's just pointing out the contrast between the two philosophies and we have two organizations within the same division who hit the reset buttons on new front offices at the same time, so you can make a valid comparison. If you are asking me today, which organization did things the wisest and which situation and resources I'd rather have...it would be the Bears all day long. I say this knowing Kwesi has all but been saddled with the competitive mandates of the Wilfs, so you can't blame him completely