Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sams Status
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
If he can practice, he should play.  I don't think the team would risk more damage to the knee by letting him practice, if he wasn't real close to "good enough" to start on Sunday.

My guess is that he plays. 
its not a matter of him practicing vs not practicing,  its what he is doing in practice.  as far as I know he hasnt participated in any contact,  just throwing drills, and those clips that we saw werent really convincing that he is going to be good to go based on the video evidence.

Reports are he's limited. He's not going to play. At least Keenum should know, and be better prepared. If the game plan, and play looks as crappy as last week, I'll be giving these coaches the stink eye. They need to shake things up on offense. Don't play to not lose. Attack.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Reports are he's limited. He's not going to play. At least Keenum should know, and be better prepared. If the game plan, and play looks as crappy as last week, I'll be giving these coaches the stink eye. They need to shake things up on offense. Don't play to not lose. Attack.
thats kind of where I am at on this as well.  

the game plan should be to take advantage of Keenums mobility and move him out of the pocket.  make a pass rush a bit more of a gamble with the QB target moving.

Boy I bet the vikings wish they hadn't put Teddy on PUP.  Would have been nice to have him as an option rather than being stuck until after week 6 to even be able to practice.

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
Boy I bet the vikings wish they hadn't put Teddy on PUP.  Would have been nice to have him as an option rather than being stuck until after week 6 to even be able to practice.

From what I remember, he hasn't even been cleared medically to practice yet.  I have very serious doubts that he will be ready to play at all this year.

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
He is on PUP because he is Physically Unable to Perform.  So probably not.

That's what they said but we have also seen reports that the vikings would activate him early if they were allowed.  They could have made him the 3rd QB instead of the PUP.

thank god we didnt give a real thought to the idea tossed around this board about giving Sam a big dollar extension. with injury history it didnt make sense (teddy isnt getting a big deal soon either because of injury)

if sam is seeing james andrews, id wager a bet that we are about to hear even worse news and the IR designation is assigned.

if teddy is gonna come back this year (i always thought he would) its weirdly better if sam is hurt. less qb controversy. teddy gets his chance for a comeback story. sam gets healthy and signs somewhere else next year hopefully fully healthy. 

typical Vikings luck. Case Keenum multiple starts.  YUCK

Check out Sloter's video this pre-season. Consider me impressed. Isn't it about time something good happens to this franchise? How about like Favre, Brady great?

Crazy? probably, but what does Keenum get us, 7 wins? If Sloter turns out to be horrid, we're sitting better in the draft next year. Gotta have a dream. These nightmares for the last 20 years have been enough already. At this point, I'd take bottom of the barrel over eternal mediocrity, if it means a way out of the same old crap. Sometimes ya gotta roll the dice.

I am willing to bet that this weeks game plan is more tailored to Case's strengths and we should see a much better result as a result.