Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s time to give Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah the respect he has earned
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Like I said when some posters were deep with the heavy criticism early in the season: need more time to assess. Not sure how even the most jaded KAM hater can bitch about what he's done this year and seeing now some of his draft picks stepping up. He's earning my respect. Certainly hired the right guy in KOC. He also got Flores, which has been gold.

I'm not against bagging on things that need bagging on, I've mentioned that before. I've done it many times. But you need a larger set and time to do so properly. 
Just like those "spitefully praying for his downfall", I think this article is on the opposite spectrum of ridiculous.  Yeah he earns good grades for finding a cheap veteran backup.  But we haven't made the playoffs yet, so please put away the champagne.  

I hope he turns out great.  Spielman was pretty good until it fell apart.  I am always hopeful, and this is better than having what's his name starting after Hall went out.  It might be better than Mullens even.  So it is trending up, just don't act like we won the superbowl.

Quote: @JR44 said:
So we can't have any kind of criticism for his first draft, but we need to crown him GM of the year after two weeks for picking up Dobbs who wasn't his first choice for QB and was brought in to be desperation backup and not starter.  Coaches, GMs and players all get criticized by the fans and the media, it is part of the game when things go wrong and praised when they go right.  KOC was getting toasted here a few weeks ago and now he is the best coach ever this week.  it is the nature of the game and fandom.  That being said, I have never seen anything like the outrage of anything negative being said about Kwesi, he has arguably been awful, but express that opinion and we are back to the ridiculous "hater" labeling.  Anyone has the right to praise or criticize someone at anytime, it is their right to have an opinion and no one needs to be told what that opinion needs to be or taken to court for it.   
Exactly. And I'm criticizing the KAM haters for being premature. Free speech rules, agreed!

I'll just preference this by saying that I'm enjoying watching the team this season and happy for the success we are having. How much Mensah is responsible for is certainly arguable. IMO the Dobbs acquisition would never have happened if Mullens wasn't injured and Murray was delayed in his recovery, so it was really lucky on multiple fronts. I'm just going to let the season play out and we can revisit the Kwesi is a genius discussion.

That's a bit of a slobbering article considering that Dobbs wasn't even KAM's first choice--John Wolford was, due to the KOC/Rams connection.

I'm not ready to crown KAM because frat bro journalist yells "Dude!" but I think he's doing better as time goes by.

I think we should give Detroit our 1st rounder just because we’re Minnesota nice!!!

Quote: @comet52 said:
That's a bit of a slobbering article considering that Dobbs wasn't even KAM's first choice--John Wolford was, due to the KOC/Rams connection.

I'm not ready to crown KAM because frat bro journalist yells "Dude!" but I think he's doing better as time goes by.
Agreed. These young sportswriters get pretty hyperbolic today. But the gist of the article is correct, IMO.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I think we should give Detroit our 1st rounder just because we’re Minnesota nice!!!
That did suck. And the Lewis Cine pick. Blech. 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@FLVike said:
Sorry, but imo it's definitely not time. His first draft is arguably one of our franchise's worse. Let's wait to see the next draft before we give him accolades. 
I think this one was a lot worse by far...ROUND 1PICK #23
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
LAQUON TREADWELLWR Mississippi
ROUND 2PICK #23
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
MACKENSIE ALEXANDERCB Clemson
ROUND 4PICK #23
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
WILLIE BEAVERST Western Michigan
ROUND 5PICK #21
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
KENTRELL BROTHERSLB Missouri
ROUND 6PICK #5
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
MORITZ BOEHRINGERWR
ROUND 6PICK #13
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
DAVID MORGANTE Texas-San Antonio
ROUND 7PICK #23
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
JAYRON KEARSES Clemson
Beaver hater......

Just want to say there is no hate. I root for any QB, coach, player, or GM we have, period. Never thought I would ever root for Favre until he put on the purple uniform. Now I do disagree with coaching and GM decisions sometimes. Like, for example, allowing the Lions to trade up 20 spots in the draft and then not receiving due compensation for it. That's too big of a mistake to just forget about. Unless we get to a Superbowl I doubt I will ever get over that.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Sorry, but imo it's definitely not time. His first draft is arguably one of our franchise's worse. Let's wait to see the next draft before we give him accolades. 
Kwesi has caused his own problems.

He's learned and improved but IMO  the  improvement is due to KOC, Bflo , Wes Phillips and the Wilfs.