Harry has some good advice...
Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
If only our long-suffering fans could live in the moment!  :p

Week to week. Enjoy the wins. At least the wins were the playoffs are still relevant.
The media and the league cant wait to stroke us now. All our blood foes are gagging and its glorious 

Now we just need some adversity in Detroit.  They look like a team that could be quite tough.  But if history has taught us anything...they are the Lions.
until they prove otherwise,  we have to assume the worst.... kinda goes the same for our favorite team as well.  I am enjoying seeing a more dynamic offense ( Dobbs is no Cousins in terms of arm talent, but I have had my question answered about if a mobile QB would offset a lack of passing accument if we were to move on from Kirk for a more mobile passer. )  I think the D is feeding off this as well,  it doesnt seem like every missed play is going to cost us a win when your O looks like it can adjust to what the D is going to throw at you.  How many more sacks would Kirk have taken the last 2 weeks vs what we have seen?  that keeps the chains moving and the D fresh for the 4th quarter.
Watching Dobbs is very exciting and glad he is doing what he does.  But honestly, his scrambling is making up for his lack of knowledge and timing.  Not being critical because he just got here, but there were open WRs on some of those amazing scrambles.  But on the flip side of that, he did hit Addison and TJ for big gains when he got out of the pocket.  So hopefully we see more of that as well.
His scrambling has gotten the offense out of some negative plays and turned them into positive ones. plays that Kirk would have curled up and taken the sack.  I will take that.  So he has missed some open receivers, every quarterback can be second guessed on why didn't he see a wide open guy in the middle of the field.  The guy has 300+lb defensive linemen aiming to take him out and he has seconds to make a decision looking down field.  Dobbs is 25 and this his his real first chance to direct an offense with playmakers and his knowledge and timing may be off but jeez he is giving his team a chance when he has the ball instead of being a statue in the pocket.
Dobbs is 28.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Greylock" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Week to week. Enjoy the wins. At least the wins were the playoffs are still relevant.
The media and the league cant wait to stroke us now. All our blood foes are gagging and its glorious 

Now we just need some adversity in Detroit.  They look like a team that could be quite tough.  But if history has taught us anything...they are the Lions.
until they prove otherwise,  we have to assume the worst.... kinda goes the same for our favorite team as well.  I am enjoying seeing a more dynamic offense ( Dobbs is no Cousins in terms of arm talent, but I have had my question answered about if a mobile QB would offset a lack of passing accument if we were to move on from Kirk for a more mobile passer. )  I think the D is feeding off this as well,  it doesnt seem like every missed play is going to cost us a win when your O looks like it can adjust to what the D is going to throw at you.  How many more sacks would Kirk have taken the last 2 weeks vs what we have seen?  that keeps the chains moving and the D fresh for the 4th quarter.
Watching Dobbs is very exciting and glad he is doing what he does.  But honestly, his scrambling is making up for his lack of knowledge and timing.  Not being critical because he just got here, but there were open WRs on some of those amazing scrambles.  But on the flip side of that, he did hit Addison and TJ for big gains when he got out of the pocket.  So hopefully we see more of that as well.
His scrambling has gotten the offense out of some negative plays and turned them into positive ones. plays that Kirk would have curled up and taken the sack.  I will take that.  So he has missed some open receivers, every quarterback can be second guessed on why didn't he see a wide open guy in the middle of the field.  The guy has 300+lb defensive linemen aiming to take him out and he has seconds to make a decision looking down field.  Dobbs is 25 and this his his real first chance to direct an offense with playmakers and his knowledge and timing may be off but jeez he is giving his team a chance when he has the ball instead of being a statue in the pocket.
If you read my post rather than jumping immediately into accusations, you might notice I was very complementary of Dobbs.  Just saying, some of the scrambles are masking and understandable lack of knowing the offense.  
@"Greylock" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

If you read my post rather than jumping immediately into accusations, you might notice I was very complementary of Dobbs.  Just saying, some of the scrambles are masking and understandable lack of knowing the offense.  
I did read it and excuse me all to hell for replying and having it seem like I was jumping into accusations I should have fucking known better.  LOL dont be so sensitive.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yep, no doubt. Nothing wrong at all with this take. Its obviously part of the reason he's popped around the league. I think the majority of us understand that Cinderella's slipper could fall off at any moment. But enjoying it until we don't anymore!

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yep, no doubt. Nothing wrong at all with this take. Its obviously part of the reason he's popped around the league. I think the majority of us understand that Cinderella's slipper could fall off at any moment. But enjoying it until we don't anymore!
Right now his running ability is compensating for some of his weaknesses (Addison was wide open on one of his scrambles). And will continue to. But it sure makes you wonder what a QB who can do both would look like in this offense. 

Maybe it's Dobbs, maybe it's a rookie draft pick. It sure throws a big question mark into the Cousins thing. After the injury I thought it was more likely he'd be back. I would've put the odds at 90%. Now...I'm not so sure. Really big decisions coming up for the Vikings. 

[Image: willy-wonka-suspense.gif]