Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Purple Superstar HC
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/viki...-year-buzz
Still a lot of football to play, but many would argue he's actually a better coach now vs year 1. Despite the record differential. 

Glad KO is getting his flowers finally. Winning 13 games last year wasn't enough for some, I suppose. Hopefully we can follow up last week with another win!

I get the KOC love, but honestly Flores has truly impressed me.  glad hes with the Vikings and hope he stays

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
I get the KOC love, but honestly Flores has truly impressed me.  glad hes with the Vikings and hope he stays
Yeah, it would be nice to have good coaches on both sides and for them to stay around a bit.

I can't stand Who Shat. They gotta learn to ride the wave. It's hard to stay constantly on and constantly up but the breakthrough is getting to the point of managing that roller coaster. Overcoming adversity is huge. I am looking forward to game day 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Still a lot of football to play, but many would argue he's actually a better coach now vs year 1. Despite the record differential. 
It's a better team than last year. Or at least it was before Cousins was hurt. Now it's really just hoping JJ and Davenport come back soon and the OL and defense can continue to improve enough for the team to weather the ups and downs of a QB like Dobbs or Hall. Just seems unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. 

But yes, I think we got the coach right. 

I hope we don’t ditch KOC if he has a rough patch developing the next QB. I want him around for a long time because I think he can finally slay the beast and bring home the trophy. 

In NE there is talk of firing Belacheat because he’s struggled post Brady. Dude earned another QB pick to right his ship. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
OF course all of this goes to hell when you're a -9.0 in turn-over ratio. But I think the foundation is here coaching wise....

"When I got here it was all very welcoming," said offensive lineman David Quessenberry, who had played for three other teams before signing with the Vikings on Aug. 30. "People are eager and happy to be here and to have you here. They sit you down and say, 'These are our goals. This is what we're doing.' Kevin tells you that it's 'our process and our way.' It's like nothing I've ever been around. You just feel it and you want to be here."
Quessenberry cited details that range from the extent of the team's nutrition plan to the thought that goes into warmups before practice. Running back Alexander Mattison said O'Connell's focus on certain core values -- including a goal to be "situational masters" who understand how to approach every moment in a game -- provides a crutch for when "the going gets rough."
=====================================
Former New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum, who acquired O'Connell as a backup quarterback in 2009 and also cut him twice from their roster, said he recommending O'Connell as a head coaching candidate to several teams before the Vikings hired him.
"Minnesota has a superstar for the next 20 years," Tannenbaum said. "They're lucky to have him. He's only going to get better and better. I think he has a chance to be really special. People will say he's a McVay guy with a really good scheme. Kevin has a million more attributes to add to a program than scheme. He has relatability. He is a good listener. He has a really good demeanor."

That does it. If Tannenbum said it, we're screwed.