Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the genius who signed Josh Metellus lol
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JR44 said:
How about the genius who drafted him in the 6th round!  Can't really give KAM credit here considering he had no choice to resign him due to his 1st round pick who was suppose to be that guy. 
Kwesi better be finding some more money to sign Bynum, who was another mid round Spielman pick who has arguably been our best player on defense. What Hunter has been to the front seven, Bynum has been to the secondary. 
I like our S's, how they are being leveraged and even an old guard like Harry has had a nice renaissaince in this manic D Flores implemented. 

Next year we gotta add some firepower to the DL and I would like to add a body or two to the CB squad as well. 
Yeah Smith has lost a step as all older players do, but he’s still an asset on this defense and far from a liability. I’d for sure take him back for another year if he keeps this up. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Metellus has been playing like a Pro-Bowler.  The dude is just a smart player and is thriving under Flores.  I'm not even sure what position he plays. Is he a LB or DB or both? =)This isn't Spielman's roster any longer. Kwesi's guys made a huge difference in this last game: Dobbs, Hall, Hock, Addison, Powell, Hicks, Murphy, Evens, Risner, Akers, Pace, and even Ingram is playing much better.  How about Quessenberry filling in for the big man CD?
The core of this team is still very much Speilman's team, all of our best OL - Darrisaw, O'Neil, our two best players Jefferson and Cousins.  Our best defensive players in Hunter, Smith, Bynum, Metellus.  The weaker areas of this team are guys KAM has brought in.  Since KAM got here Cousins and JJ have carried this team.  Hopefully, Dobbs or Hall can fill in and do a decent job the rest of the year, but past history does not favor that outcome.  

Quote:
@JR44 said:
@HappyViking said:
Metellus has been playing like a Pro-Bowler.  The dude is just a smart player and is thriving under Flores.  I'm not even sure what position he plays. Is he a LB or DB or both? =)This isn't Spielman's roster any longer. Kwesi's guys made a huge difference in this last game: Dobbs, Hall, Hock, Addison, Powell, Hicks, Murphy, Evens, Risner, Akers, Pace, and even Ingram is playing much better.  How about Quessenberry filling in for the big man CD?
The core of this team is still very much Speilman's team, all of our best OL - Darrisaw, O'Neil, our two best players Jefferson and Cousins.  Our best defensive players in Hunter, Smith, Bynum, Metellus.  The weaker areas of this team are guys KAM has brought in.  Since KAM got here Cousins and JJ have carried this team.  Hopefully, Dobbs or Hall can fill in and do a decent job the rest of the year, but past history does not favor that outcome.  
He’s had 2 drafts. It takes time to turn over a roster. I guess I’d rather ask if they’re getting more out of them the spelly did?  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
That dude is going to ball for us over the next 2 1/2 years.  Definitely an example of coaching taking a nobody and turning him into a somebody.  I know KAM has made some blunders but signing this guy a couple games before he exploded is a heck of a signing. 
The same guy that traded down and drafted Lewis Cine who will go down as one of the biggest busts in franchise history unless he somehow shows the ability to press for a starting job.

No one is perfect but we missed out on Jordan Davis, Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis, 3 guys that would have significant impacts on this team at its weakest positions.

For a D that seems to lack strength up the middle on the line, the team has made some impressive goal line stands. Just sayin'.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:
That dude is going to ball for us over the next 2 1/2 years.  Definitely an example of coaching taking a nobody and turning him into a somebody.  I know KAM has made some blunders but signing this guy a couple games before he exploded is a heck of a signing. 
The same guy that traded down and drafted Lewis Cine who will go down as one of the biggest busts in franchise history unless he somehow shows the ability to press for a starting job.

No one is perfect but we missed out on Jordan Davis, Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis, 3 guys that would have significant impacts on this team at its weakest positions.
I hear Jordan Davis's name a lot. I get the impression people think he's been some kind star in Philly. Although the word "bust" was used by some his rookie season, he was OK. The thing is...he hasn't really improved much this season. Roughly similar production and grades to Harrison Phillips. What's more, Davis only plays 1/3 of the snaps. I don't know man, think I might expect a little more than that for a 13th overall pick.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:

I hear Jordan Davis's name a lot. I get the impression people think he's been some kind star in Philly. Although the word "bust" was used by some his rookie season, he was OK. The thing is...he hasn't really improved much this season. Roughly similar production and grades to Harrison Phillips. What's more, Davis only plays 1/3 of the snaps. I don't know man, think I might expect a little more than that for a 13th overall pick.  
Good insight to a narrative of some fans that think he's a star. He isn't. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@HappyViking said:
This is so ridiculous.  The Vikes had talent when Spielman was fired, nobody is doubting that.  The Vikes aren't going to throw players away because Spielman either signed or drafted a particular player.  There I recognized Spielman did good things (and he did, seriously).  But so has Kwesi.
Murphy, Evans, and Blackmon have been either starting or seeing the field quite a bit on D.  The DBs are playing better now than I can remember.  Pace and Hicks are the primary LBs, and both are making splash plays each game.  How about Harrison Phillips, Bullard, Tonga and the rookie Roy?  That IDL has improved quite a bit since the first few games (Vikes now rank #12 against the run, btw). 
Yes, Spielman has drafted studs on D, but all of them are improved this season because of coaching, and an improved supporting cast.  I think our coaches are great, and it wasn't Spielman that got them to the Vikings.  It was Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@HappyViking said:
This is so ridiculous.  The Vikes had talent when Spielman was fired, nobody is doubting that.  The Vikes aren't going to throw players away because Spielman either signed or drafted a particular player.  There I recognized Spielman did good things (and he did, seriously).  But so has Kwesi.
Murphy, Evans, and Blackmon have been either starting or seeing the field quite a bit on D.  The DBs are playing better now than I can remember.  Pace and Hicks are the primary LBs, and both are making splash plays each game.  How about Harrison Phillips, Bullard, Tonga and the rookie Roy?  That IDL has improved quite a bit since the first few games (Vikes now rank #12 against the run, btw). 
Yes, Spielman has drafted studs on D, but all of them are improved this season because of coaching, and an improved supporting cast.  I think our coaches are great, and it wasn't Spielman that got them to the Vikings.  It was Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.
Personally, I'm sick of the back and forth about what KAM has or hasn't done or what Spielman did. The team is what the team is right now. Just get behind the players on the team, who gives a shit where they came from. This insistence by a few here to slam KAM at every opportunity is ridiculous. 

Here's what KAM/KOC have done: Year 1 - 13 wins. Year 2 - 5 wins and a winning record. The nitpicking and angst, leave it behind and enjoy the team week to week. The team is loaded with injuries and just beat a decent team on the road with a dude that didn't know who Zygi Wilf was. JFC. Pretty obvious KOC is a hell of a coach.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The bigger question is who's responsible for signing KOC?

=) :p B)
I am a firm believer that the senior brass hired KOC or pretty much told Kwesi he was the guy.  They had been vetting GM's and coaches before even hiring Kwesi.  Kwesi was hired first which is proper and then KOC was quickly hired within a week (by a green GM) after the Rams playoff run was over.