Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dobbs definitely starter for next week!
If they can clean up the negative plays and silly turnovers, he has enough tools to win games against a weak remaining schedule outside of the Bengals and Lions. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
If Hall can play, I think Hall is the right choice to go forward.  He looked really good when he was in there and think he has the highest ceiling and our best shot going forward.  Dobbs was able to get it done when we needed it, but he was also a big reason why we got in a hole.
No, he doesn't make some of those vet throws and the experience to make plays on the run.  Dobbs will get the nod.

No way Hall is ready to come back next week.  Here's to Dobb's pulling kicking ass in a very hard situation!

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Vanguard83 said:
How the F did we win that game?
Josh Dobbs did that. He used his legs and got in a rhythm in the second half. The defense held up well. Hockenson had a monster game 
Showed a lot of poise and was clutch on some key drives.

Quote: @rf54 said:
@JR44 said:
If Hall can play, I think Hall is the right choice to go forward.  He looked really good when he was in there and think he has the highest ceiling and our best shot going forward.  Dobbs was able to get it done when we needed it, but he was also a big reason why we got in a hole.
No, he doesn't make some of those vet throws and the experience to make plays on the run.  Dobbs will get the nod.
He has barely played the equivalent of one NFL season in 5 years in the league he is on his 4th team in 5 years and was traded by one of the worst teams in the league for a bag of beans, so let's not pretend he is some veteran starter.  Hall has taken more football snaps over the past 4 years so do not think there is the gap that you are making it out to be.  Great win today and it was huge he made the plays to win the game today, but that was a really bad team playing with a not so great QB.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@rf54 said:
@JR44 said:
He has barely played the equivalent of one NFL season in 5 years in the league he is on his 4th team in 5 years and was traded by one of the worst teams in the league for a bag of beans, so let's not pretend he is some veteran starter.  Hall has taken more football snaps over the past 4 years so do not think there is the gap that you are making it out to be.  Great win today and it was huge he made the plays to win the game today, but that was a really bad team playing with a not so great QB.  

Dobbs made a couple of plays, namely the safety he took, that did not seem worthy of the "rocket scientist" tag.
However with limited knowledge of the playbook and 1st week in Minnesota the guy earned it. I'm not crowning
him Fran Tarkenton and Atlanta wasn't a juggernaut I agree but another week of familiarity of the play book and
his teammates who knows.   He's more of a veteran starter than Hall.

He converted a huge down with his legs and he hurdled someone and stretched for a first down. Those plays were critical during key times in the game. The first half was rough but kudos on the rebound in the second half 

I was thinking Joe Webb today after Hall went down.  Dobbs made the O work,  but it started with his legs,  a few key throws,  but missed a lot as well.  He's a gamer,  but he's not taking the team anywhere.  All that said acknowledging he has had about 2 practices with the team and they weren't first team reps,  however I still think you see what you have in Hall when he's ready.  Dobbs is not likely your guy for the future.

No, Dobbs is probably not the QBOTF, but it was a fun game and he balled-out. Glad to see him, staff and players rewarded for leaving everything out there. 

Dobbs showed some guts today. He started off rough, but he made some incredible plays with his legs and some good throws when he needed to. The fumbles and safety were bad, but the OL was not doing him any favors today and losing Osborn and Akers didn't make his job any easier. I'm curious to see what he can do with more time to learn the offense and getting some players like Darrisaw and Jefferson back.

As for Hall, I thought he looked good. He was dealing with the same OL issues, but he made some nice throws, showed some mobility, and deserves a longer look.

It's way too early to say if either QB is more than a stopgap for this year, but it makes me feel better about their ability to identify and develop QBs. Previous regimes would draft and bring in backups who weren't capable of playing. Maybe they would protect the ball, but does that matter if all they can do is check down? At least O'Connell and his staff had Hall and Dobbs ready to play and adjusted on the fly.