Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Dobbs is elite
Quote: @TBro said:
@Vikergirl said:
Also Mattison running in the wrong holes as well but yeah it is all Dobbs fault 
His lack of vision is maddening. Why he continues to get the most touches at RB on this team is
baffling. 
I just can't and then he runs into the lineman. Ugh

Quote: @mblack said:
I am just frustrated with the no call on Hall
A veteran will get those calls. 

The play by Dobbs to get the first down was huge

Quote: @TBro said:
@Vikergirl said:
Also Mattison running in the wrong holes as well but yeah it is all Dobbs fault 
His lack of vision is maddening. Why he continues to get the most touches at RB on this team is
baffling. 
Clearly, the key to Mattison is letting him be a receiver in this game as he seems to have overcome his dropsies.  =)

While I get they want to protect their QBs with the running game, all handing the ball off to Mattison does right now is ensure a 3rd and long. He was a good runner in the past, but he just gets nothing on the ground right now. I feel like Akers should be the starter and Mattison might do better as a change of pace back.

As for the QB play, it's been wild today. Hall was looking capable until he got hurt and Dobbs has been up and down, but has shown some great mobility and lead a TD drive. At the very least, both QBs are not the checkdown type backups that we are used to.

On another note, Okudah is a dirty player. He had the helmet to helmet hit on Hall and the late hit on Osborn. He should have been ejected already.

Disgustingly ugly INT there. UGH. Partially on the OL but man. Brutal

Lets take a breath and reflect:

Our Starting QB, backup QB and third stringer are all out.

Our, best OL/LT is out

Our best player and best WR in the league is out. Our #2 WR is out. 

We’re playing a QB who has been here 3 days. The coaches are going over plays before each series so they have something to call. 

What exactly did y’all expect?

Akers hits the hole so much quicker 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Lets take a breath and reflect:

Our Starting QB, backup QB and third stringer are all out.

Our, best OL/LT is out

Our best player and best WR in the league is out. Our #2 WR is out. 

We’re playing a QB who has been here 3 days. The coaches are going over plays before each series so they have something to call. 

What exactly did y’all expect?
This just has a preseason game feel to it. Bunch of backups in there playing 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Akers hits the hole so much quicker 
Aker actually finds the hole……

Feel free to make jokes.