Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Bob Knight Dead @ 83
I think there was Bobby Knight the bball coach and then the personal side which I think was very different.  I have a different view of him based on hearing someone who worked for him speak about him, it was someone with special needs who Knight had hired and this person said they loved working with Knight and when asked if Knight had treated him harshly at times like other staff had reported, he said yes and that is what he really loved about Knight, because he said he was one of the few people who treated him as a person and like everyone else as opposed to differently due to his disability and I think Knight did that purposely and that in his way he showed a lot of empathy for that individual.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I think there was Bobby Knight the bball coach and then the personal side which I think was very different.  I have a different view of him based on hearing someone who worked for him speak about him, it was someone with special needs who Knight had hired and this person said they loved working with Knight and when asked if Knight had treated him harshly at times like other staff had reported, he said yes and that is what he really loved about Knight, because he said he was one of the few people who treated him as a person and like everyone else as opposed to differently due to his disability and I think Knight did that purposely and that in his way he showed a lot of empathy for that individual.  
Yep, like I mentioned there are a ton of things he did behind the scenes. Personal one on one. He did a lot of good for sure. Could be engaging. But he also could be petulant, vindictive and had major anger issues. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I always find it interesting when some can be an asshole, which Knight could definitely be, he's 'complicated'. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...ied-age-83

Amazing coach, a very loyal friend with a big heart and a huge douchebag part of the time. Did some great charitable things behind the scenes. Also held onto grudges like grim death. 
Yea kinda like on the other thread where someone weird with fame/money is eccentric or complicated but the average joe is just an AholeSmile

I think they buried him with his chair tantrum.  
so.... lack of money is the only thing keeping me an asshole? 

Sticky,  you want to loan me some so I can be a complicated eccentric like yourself?

B) 
Done. Check your Venmo. My wife thinks I can be very 'complicated' at times. 
I think we are just misunderstood.
I still say you are both accentric

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I always find it interesting when some can be an asshole, which Knight could definitely be, he's 'complicated'. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...ied-age-83

Amazing coach, a very loyal friend with a big heart and a huge douchebag part of the time. Did some great charitable things behind the scenes. Also held onto grudges like grim death. 
Yea kinda like on the other thread where someone weird with fame/money is eccentric or complicated but the average joe is just an AholeSmile

I think they buried him with his chair tantrum.  
so.... lack of money is the only thing keeping me an asshole? 

Sticky,  you want to loan me some so I can be a complicated eccentric like yourself?

B) 
Done. Check your Venmo. My wife thinks I can be very 'complicated' at times. 
I think we are just misunderstood.
I still say you are both accentric
I dont know,  I am pretty centered,  but I tend to wobble on my axis  from time to time. =)

My personal policy is to never speak ill of the dead.  Therefore I have nothing to say about Bobby Knight, other than RIP.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
My personal policy is to never speak ill of the dead.  Therefore I have nothing to say about Bobby Knight, other than RIP.
Not mine, he was an asshole!