Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC is riding with Jaren Hall
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think Hall gets the start in Atlanta and if he plays well he could just keep going.

Dobbs is the veteran security blanket if Hall falters. But I think he'll need at least a couple weeks before he's even close to ready to run this offense. 
A couple weeks?! Hopefully Hall plays well and holds him off, but if Hall comes out and throws 3 picks in the first half vs Atlanta, I almost guarantee Dobbs gets the ball in the second half.
Hall's leash is shorter than Bryce Young IMO. KO even said yesterday that Hall will start but Dobbs could play this weekend.
It's definitely possible. KOC is going to go with the guy he trusts based on what he's seen in practice. We have no idea who that is.

But on the surface I think I'd rather go with the guy who knows the offense. I like the Dobbs signing, but putting in a guy who is completely unfamiliar with the play calls, the routes, the depths, the protections...could be a recipe for disaster. 

I know teams have ways to simplify things for situations like this, but much of that relies on a strong running game, which we don't have. 

if we see Dobbs this weekend IMO,  its very very bad news for Hall,  no way you would ever want a 5 day QB to be playing.
Agreed. But I think Hall will have to play like a bucket of hot cowshit to get yanked. I think he at least has the smarts and calmness to not come unglued and that'll be enough to finish the game. Then KOC will evaluate where Dobbs is at and respond accordingly.

I have zero idea how Hall will do, but he'll finish the game at the bare minimum without injury. 

If KOC had little confidence with Hall, there is ZERO reason to dial up ANY PASS plays while deep in your own territory at your biggest rivals house.

Hall was drafted by KOC, Dobbs is insurance for injury and gives Atlanta more things to think about.  End of story

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
If KOC had little confidence with Hall, there is ZERO reason to dial up ANY PASS plays while deep in your own territory at your biggest rivals house.

Hall was drafted by KOC, Dobbs is insurance for injury and gives Atlanta more things to think about.  End of story
That 3rd down pass for a first down was ballsy for both KOC to call and Hall to complete. Loved it. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think Hall gets the start in Atlanta and if he plays well he could just keep going.

Dobbs is the veteran security blanket if Hall falters. But I think he'll need at least a couple weeks before he's even close to ready to run this offense. 
A couple weeks?! Hopefully Hall plays well and holds him off, but if Hall comes out and throws 3 picks in the first half vs Atlanta, I almost guarantee Dobbs gets the ball in the second half.
Hall's leash is shorter than Bryce Young IMO. KO even said yesterday that Hall will start but Dobbs could play this weekend.
It's definitely possible. KOC is going to go with the guy he trusts based on what he's seen in practice. We have no idea who that is.

But on the surface I think I'd rather go with the guy who knows the offense. I like the Dobbs signing, but putting in a guy who is completely unfamiliar with the play calls, the routes, the depths, the protections...could be a recipe for disaster. 

I know teams have ways to simplify things for situations like this, but much of that relies on a strong running game, which we don't have. 

if we see Dobbs this weekend IMO,  its very very bad news for Hall,  no way you would ever want a 5 day QB to be playing.
Agreed. But I think Hall will have to play like a bucket of hot cowshit to get yanked. I think he at least has the smarts and calmness to not come unglued and that'll be enough to finish the game. Then KOC will evaluate where Dobbs is at and respond accordingly.

I have zero idea how Hall will do, but he'll finish the game at the bare minimum without injury. 
This is where I'm at.

I am looking forward to see what Hall brings,  I think he will do fine,  will have a few hiccups along the way,  but will add elements to the offense that have been missing to offset them.  I am not expecting greatness,   but I am betting he will do enough good things along the way that we will have some good discussions about the QB spot around here after the season.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I am looking forward to see what Hall brings,  I think he will do fine,  will have a few hiccups along the way,  but will add elements to the offense that have been missing to offset them.  I am not expecting greatness,   but I am betting he will do enough good things along the way that we will have some good discussions about the QB spot around here after the season.
I think the team is going to rally around Hall this Sunday. What that ends up meaning, your guess is as good as mine as far as a potential win. Odds are probably against that. Not probably, are. But there's little video to watch on him, so lets have some fun and see what the offensive gameplan ends up looking like.

One thing in Hall's favor, he will be less hesitant than Cousins to use his legs if the pocket breaks down...

I picked him up in my fantasy league. Let's go Jaren!!

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
One thing in Hall's favor, he will be less hesitant than Cousins to use his legs if the pocket breaks down...
The Viking's Tush Push just got more formidable.  :p

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
The Viking's Tush Push just got more formidable.  :p
I think the new term is "two cheek sneak"