Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland out means Risner in
Small return but considering he's basically a backup OLineman coming off an injury (maybe still hurt?... I'm guessing this is all pending a physical), it was never going to be a haul.
He was decent for us at times. I wish him the best in Jacksonville.

This is not good compensation for Cleveland.  Cleveland will get paid more than Risner.  I think it’s just getting whatever you can
get before he moves on in FA because we can’t really afford to pay him anyway
and we have Risner who’s a fairly lateral move. 
I’d guess that we’re planning on being active in FA in 2024 and that
probably neuters any chance of getting comp picks.

So for the record we have now traded two starting OL for 6th rounders, two guys who for a 6th were solid backups to keep on the team.  The guard that needed to go was Ingram, but obviously Kwesi is going to trade Rick's 2nd rounder before admitting he messed up.  If I was another team's GM, I would be constantly calling Kwesi for trades.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
So for the record we have now traded two starting OL for 6th rounders, two guys who for a 6th were solid backups to keep on the team.  The guard that needed to go was Ingram, but obviously Kwesi is going to trade Rick's 2nd rounder before admitting he messed up.  If I was another team's GM, I would be constantly calling Kwesi for trades.  
Who was the other starting OL that was traded?

The handwringing over lack of return from posters who openly shit on Cleveland the last few years is glorious. The logic seems to be "Cleveland is trash". But also, "Kwesi is trash because he couldn't trade Cleveland who is trash for a valuable pick."

Hey fellas, just a reminder, you may be able to delete posts you've made. But that doesn't delete your comments when someone quoted you. 

The rumor last week around here was Danielle's trade value was a 3rd or 4th rounder.  If true, why is getting only a 6th for Cleveland so ridiculous?  Yeah, they're both starters, but one is a star on the team, and the other is getting replaced by a guy fairly new to the team and already appears to be better.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
The rumor last week around here was Danielle's trade value was a 3rd or 4th rounder.  If true, why is getting only a 6th for Cleveland so ridiculous?  Yeah, they're both starters, but one is a star on the team, and the other is getting replaced by a guy fairly new to the team and already appears to be better.
Simple, there are fans who will never be happy unless the moves a GM makes are the same interwebs GM moves they'd make. Doesn't matter if it was Rick or Kwesi, some people just love being miserable.

The amount of shit I got last year from other teams fans for how miserable Vikings fans were in the midst of a highly entertaining and winning season was astronomical. Honestly never realized how ridiculous it was until other fan bases pointed it out.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Hunter as a 3rd or 4th is more ridiculous
and desperate than Cleveland as a 6th.  That shouldn’t be your benchmark.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Hunter as a 3rd or 4th is more ridiculous
and desperate than Cleveland as a 6th.  That shouldn’t be your benchmark.
That's probably why Danielle is still a Viking.  The number of high draft pick offers for Hunter don't appear to exist.

Trading Hunter also tells the locker room you've given up for 23...And they may as well do the same.