Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Matt Ryan a Viking?
If it isn't Brady, I wouldn't be interested in any veteran quarterback that might be available to come in and start. Vikings either stick with Hall or go make a huge splash trade for Kyler Murray or someone of that caliber 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
If it isn't Brady, I wouldn't be interested in any veteran quarterback that might be available to come in and start. Vikings either stick with Hall or go make a huge splash trade for Kyler Murray or someone of that caliber 
Agree with this 100%. Brady is the best option to save the season since he won't cost picks, if that's what they want to do. Kyler is also an option but would be very, very risky. Jury is still out on how good he is. I'd throw Justin Fields in this group as well, if KO thinks he can mold him in ways the Bears haven't been able to.
Anyone short of those three is likely not going to yield great results in the short-term and will only frick over our draft position in the long term.
Either take a big (RISKY) swing or roll with what we got and see how the season and draft shakes out. Do not under any circumstance sign or trade for a guy without a ceiling or upside. Worst thing the team could do.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
Agree with this 100%. Brady is the best option to save the season since he won't cost picks, if that's what they want to do. Kyler is also an option but would be very, very risky. Jury is still out on how good he is. I'd throw Justin Fields in this group as well, if KO thinks he can mold him in ways the Bears haven't been able to.
Anyone short of those three is likely not going to yield great results in the short-term and will only frick over our draft position in the long term.
Either take a big (RISKY) swing or roll with what we got and see how the season and draft shakes out. Do not under any circumstance sign or trade for a guy without a ceiling or upside. Worst thing the team could do.
It would be interesting to know if they'd even give Brady a call. I'd have to think he'd be intrigued playing in this offense with these weapons 

Brady is retired for good imho.

Quote: @comet52 said:
I think the odds of Brady coming out of retirement are under 5%. The only reason I don't say under 1% is that the idea of playing with Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson and a young, improving offensive line has to at least gnaw at him a little. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
I think the odds of Brady coming out of retirement are under 5%. The only reason I don't say under 1% is that the idea of playing with Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson and a young, improving offensive line has to at least gnaw at him a little. 

Na, he has Fuck you money.  Why bother at this point?  Frankly Kirk has Fuck you money.  I don't know why he'll even come back.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:

Na, he has Fuck you money.  Why bother at this point?  Frankly Kirk has Fuck you money.  I don't know why he'll even come back.
Because it's not about money? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
Agreed, it's a long shot but if the brass is serious about trying to save the season, he should be the first call. Then probably Chicago about Fields. Then maybe Kyler but man. I just hate that contract so much and with his apparent disdain for doing homework I doubt he'd get up to speed fast enough to make a difference. He'd probably drive KO crazy in the process too. But those are the options we have, as I see it... which is why we'll probably just roll with who we have in-house and see how the chips fall.

I don’t want Fields and I don’t want Kyler. I want to see us draft a QB in 2024 unless by a fantastic miracle Jaren Hall shocks us all. We don’t need some other team’s mistake at the most important position in the game. Talk about setting us back a decade…hell no.

The Vikings are truly fucked! The chances of Hall being any good are slim and none. 
This is a practice season from here on out.