Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury
I still don't trust his wonky back & OC should be a need in the upcoming draft. Draft an OC on Day 3, there s/b some good ones still available.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
He'll never anchor like a bigger center can...

But Viking fans might have to find some other whipping boys soon - GB and Ingram are improving a lot. 
That was embarrassing to watch. Kirk has zero athletic ability and power to execute a Tush Push. 

I'm actually eating a crow sandwich, using leftovers from the crow roast I had on Tuesday night. I've also had crow casserole earlier this season.

After most of a decade of just-plain-awful o-line ratings and results, I'm having my diet rearranged by Bradbury and even Ingram.

That said, how many games 'til Bradbury's back does its thing, again?

Quote: @TBro said:
@purplefaithful said:

But Viking fans might have to find some other whipping boys soon - GB and Ingram are improving a lot. 
That was embarrassing to watch. Kirk has zero athletic ability and power to execute a Tush Push. 
Zero athletic ability?

Purdy failed pretty spectacularly as well.  SKOR north had a great breakdown on their podcast.  Part of the issue is the O-Line, the Eagles line up in the old triple wing setup with the O-line overlapping each others legs.  Their gaps are 0.  The Vikings has small gaps, but not like the Eagles.  

And the fact that Kirk looked like he hasn't practiced that much as he rocked back, creating separation between him and the center.  That allowed Warner to leap over and stop him.  Hurts is already driving forward as he gets the ball.  It is obvious the Eagles actually practice this and have perfected it.

My son played Jr Tackle on a team that was very good at the triple wing.  The mentality of the o-line has to be different being that close and working as a unit.  It takes some practice and quite obviously better coaching of the fine details.

Quote: @greediron said:
@TBro said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zero athletic ability?

Purdy failed pretty spectacularly as well.  SKOR north had a great breakdown on their podcast.  Part of the issue is the O-Line, the Eagles line up in the old triple wing setup with the O-line overlapping each others legs.  Their gaps are 0.  The Vikings has small gaps, but not like the Eagles.  

And the fact that Kirk looked like he hasn't practiced that much as he rocked back, creating separation between him and the center.  That allowed Warner to leap over and stop him.  Hurts is already driving forward as he gets the ball.  It is obvious the Eagles actually practice this and have perfected it.

My son played Jr Tackle on a team that was very good at the triple wing.  The mentality of the o-line has to be different being that close and working as a unit.  It takes some practice and quite obviously better coaching of the fine details.

It wasn't just this game, Kirk has always been questionable when attempting a QB sneak. He doesn't have the lower body strength and quickness. 

@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zero athletic ability?

It wasn't just this game, Kirk has always been questionable when attempting a QB sneak. He doesn't have the lower body strength and quickness. 
I just question the phrase "Zero athletic ability" when referring to a starting NFL QB.  But yes, he is not built for that play, but I would say it is more on the practice and execution.  If he was following bradbury from the snap, he would have made it.

@TBro said:
@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zero athletic ability?

I just question the phrase "Zero athletic ability" when referring to a starting NFL QB.  But yes, he is not built for that play, but I would say it is more on the practice and execution.  If he was following bradbury from the snap, he would have made it.
Agreed. Don't start with that shit about Kirk not having any athletic ability. He's a top 10 NFL QB. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zero athletic ability?

Agreed. Don't start with that shit about Kirk not having any athletic ability. He's a top 10 NFL QB. 
I remember the 96 Questions with BRob where he was asking who was basically the least athletic looking (who would be picked last on the playground)

It was pretty unanimous that the chubby faced guard (name slips my mind at the moment, but he signed with the Saints) would be picked last.  Then BRob finished, but at the end of the day, he is a starting guard in the NFL soooo.

@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zero athletic ability?

I remember the 96 Questions with BRob where he was asking who was basically the least athletic looking (who would be picked last on the playground)

It was pretty unanimous that the chubby faced guard (name slips my mind at the moment, but he signed with the Saints) would be picked last.  Then BRob finished, but at the end of the day, he is a starting guard in the NFL soooo.
Wow!!! I must have triggered your extra sensitive emotions regarding Kirk. He can throw a great pass with perfect protection. That is not in question and that is not what I meant about his inability to execute a simple QB sneak or his lack of athleticism to execute the Tush Push compared to Hurts, Mahomes, Lamar who can actually run with the football. 

@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@greediron said:
@TBro said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zero athletic ability?

Wow!!! I must have triggered your extra sensitive emotions regarding Kirk. He can throw a great pass with perfect protection. That is not in question and that is not what I meant about his inability to execute a simple QB sneak or his lack of athleticism to execute the Tush Push compared to Hurts, Mahomes, Lamar who can actually run with the football. 
You flatter yourself. I couldn't even remember having a conversation with you.