Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has happened to the Viking's O-line?
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Zero sacks. 49ers had their lowest pass rush win rate since 2017. Bosa was 1/40 against Darrisaw. 

It's continuity. Continuity is good. Bradbury has improved each season. Ingram improved steadily over the course of last season. And he's doing it again this season, but from a higher starting point. He's now easily a top half guard. The tackles are simply the best bookends in football. Keep 'em together. I think the line we saw last night is the starting line next year. 

But thank you for mentioning that the line had improved before Risner. The TWIT-o-sphere is full of folks saying Risner made all the difference. LOL. But that wasn't nearly as mind-numbingly stupid as this....

https://twitter.com/adampatrickNFL/statu...04832?s=20
Agreed. Spielman drafted every one of these guys except Ingram. And Risner is only getting playing time because Cleveland is injured. I will definitely give them credit for improving the Pass Protection, but our Run game has been terrible all year. Now some of that is on Mattison who is not a Starting NFL RB but this is a ridiculous take. 
Yeah that tweet is hilarious when Spielman drafted every one of those those players except Ingram, who has been up and down. What an idiot 
that's what I was thinking

I’d be curious to see someone who grades OLines explain what’s
going on.  The first few games were just
bad.  Cousins was the most hit QB in the
league.  Running game horrible.  Last couple games, very solid pass protection.  I think our run blocking has been trending
upwards, but nowhere near good.  Does
everything just feel weird because we’re passing on 2/3’s of the plays?

lol, all I said was the offensive line is playing a lot better than last season!! Read my original post. But God forbid the positivity!

Spielman may have drafted them but don't discount that new offensive line coaches were brought in by the new front office.  But then some may not think coaching has anything to do with a players improvement. 

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
Umm, we're still nearly last in rushing folks.  Pass protection is improved, but let's not get past ourselves here.  The interior of our line is still not strong.
True, however, Kirko Chainz has moved back up to #2 QB in yards...just a few behind Tua.  And without JJ.

Our own Ed Ingram in pass protect.....

https://twitter.com/alec_lewis/status/17...1091933420

In answer to the question, "What has happened to our O-line?" Could it be alien abduction? Perhaps aliens feel sorry for MN fans and have implanted something into them while they were sleeping. The History Channel may help shed some light...