Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers
Quote: @mblack said:
@comet52 said:
@mblack said:
It is just depressing watching the 49ers. They are a complete team. Brock Purdy is really good.
How can a team be so lucky? Sighs
Smart hires in the front office and at hc.  Not luck.  Luck is the Wilf's strategy.  
By luck I mean completely missing on Trey L and striking gold in Brock P.
You can't hit if you don't swing.

Over many years we didn't swing at QB enough - IMO - and this is by no means a hindsight comment been saying for many many years.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@mblack said:
@comet52 said:
@mblack said:
It is just depressing watching the 49ers. They are a complete team. Brock Purdy is really good.
Smart hires in the front office and at hc.  Not luck.  Luck is the Wilf's strategy.  
By luck I mean completely missing on Trey L and striking gold in Brock P.
You can't hit if you don't swing.

Over many years we didn't swing at QB enough - IMO - and this is by no means a hindsight comment been saying for many many years.  
Or OL, or DL or LB

49er/Eagles NFCCG would be pretty epic - hope its in Cali
49'er/Chiefs SB would be epic too - my $ would be on SF

Vikings are years away from having the personnel the 49'ers field. Thats if they get a bit lucky and better at drafting/scouting. 

As a fan, I am starting to yearn for a "start over" and keep some of the building blocks we got:

OT's
JJ/Addison
IPJ
Bynum
TJH
 I see upside in Blackmon

Purdy has amazing accuracy!

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
That + quick processing in real time...

Now, could anyone come in and commodore that talent and win? Probably not, but his job is easier than many QB's. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@jargomcfargo said:
That + quick processing in real time...

Now, could anyone come in and commodore that talent and win? Probably not, but his job is easier than many QB's. 

Purdy reminds me of Jared Goff: within a system, they can be so highly effective. Accurate and almost always making the right throw in the context of the individual play. Playing chess offensively. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
@mblack said:
Some would say that all their diversity hires really paid off.

[Image: F794kXOWQAATL_g?format=jpg&name=small]

Quote: @medaille said:
@comet52 said:
@mblack said:

GMs (2): Rick and KAM
Head Coaches (4): Chilly, Les, Zimmer and KOC

Last I checked no coach or GM under the Wilf ownership took part in the big dance. So, I am not sure what your point is but to each their own.

Quote: @mblack said:
@medaille said:
@comet52 said:
@mblack said:

GMs (2): Rick and KAM
Head Coaches (4): Chilly, Les, Zimmer and KOC

Last I checked no coach or GM under the Wilf ownership took part in the big dance. So, I am not sure what your point is but to each their own.
I read it that it was the compensatory picks the niners got for their minority personnel that got poached.