Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, Chiefs are only -4.5
Im making ribs,  so at least I have that to look forward to on Sunday.

Sounds like most Viking fans are vastly overrating the Chiefs. I think the line should be around 3.5 and wouldn't be surprised if that's where it goes by Sunday. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Sounds like most Viking fans are vastly overrating the Chiefs. I think the line should be around 3.5 and wouldn't be surprised if that's where it goes by Sunday. 
I might be overrating KC, but mainly because I think their strengths match up well with our weaknesses.  I think their passing game will work, and that sets up their running game.  Their D also has a pass rush that will keep Cousins off balance.  If the Vikes get behind early, then we won't have a running game either.

Sadly, I think the Vikes lose by 10, at least.  Hope I'm wrong and the Vikes pull off the upset - SKOL!

Down to 4 now.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@MaroonBells said:
I might be overrating KC, but mainly because I think their strengths match up well with our weaknesses.  I think their passing game will work, and that sets up their running game.  Their D also has a pass rush that will keep Cousins off balance.  If the Vikes get behind early, then we won't have a running game either.

Sadly, I think the Vikes lose by 10, at least.  Hope I'm wrong and the Vikes pull off the upset - SKOL!

[Image: xc9r1phl2kfa.jpeg]
I’m afraid I’m going to have to agree w/ you w/o liking it… :p 

If they can take away Kelcie and contain Mahomes and make the other guys on offense beat them, the Vikings have a good chance to get the win.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Im making ribs,  so at least I have that to look forward to on Sunday.
What time should I be there Jimmy…?  Wink B)  

Quote: @Greylock said:
If they can take away Kelcie and contain Mahomes and make the other guys on offense beat them, the Vikings have a good chance to get the win.
I like our secondary against their receivers, provided we don't blitz Mahomes too much. Mahomes is not a guy you blitz. Have to hope that Hunter and Davenport can get some pressure. I also like Cousins ability to move the ball on their good but not great defense, provided Chris Jones isn't in his face all afternoon. 

Which brings up what I don't like. Chris Jones against our IOL. He's not the kind of fatty Bradbury always struggled with, but he's a quick and savvy pass rusher who will likely have Ingram's head spinning. Might be a good time to see if Risner's not doing anything Sunday. Kelce against our safeties and linebackers, who don't cover particularly well. And of course Mahomes ability to escape on 3rd down and kill you with 30 yard runs. 

Still, this is a very beatable team...if'n of course we don't keep shooting ourselves in the foot. 

vastly?  defending SB champs, SB champs 2 of the last 4 years,  AFC champs 3 of the last 4 years, best QB in the league,  top 10 offense, top 10 defense  playing a team that has 1 win in 4 tries coming from behind against a still winless team.    The Vikings can certainly win this game,  but lets be honest about what team is being vastly overrated.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
vastly?  defending SB champs, SB champs 2 of the last 4 years,  AFC champs 3 of the last 4 years, best QB in the league,  top 10 offense, top 10 defense  playing a team that has 1 win in 4 tries coming from behind against a still winless team.    The Vikings can certainly win this game,  but lets be honest about what team is being vastly overrated.
Oh last year? Yeah, they were good.