Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Oliver
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
Unfortunately, Oliver's biggest impact on the game was a holding call that negated the JJ touchdown and led to the 99 yard interception return.  Our two highly paid TEs combined for 2 catches Sunday. 
his impact was more notably the successful rushing day that really helped the team get a win,  and it was Kirk starring down his intended target once again that led to that 99yd int TD.
His blatant hold at the 2 yard line was a 14 point swing in the game and a much bigger impact than his 0 receptions and the selected blocks in this video.  Not a great ROI for 21 million.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
Unfortunately, Oliver's biggest impact on the game was a holding call that negated the JJ touchdown and led to the 99 yard interception return.  Our two highly paid TEs combined for 2 catches Sunday. 
his impact was more notably the successful rushing day that really helped the team get a win,  and it was Kirk starring down his intended target once again that led to that 99yd int TD.
His blatant hold at the 2 yard line was a 14 point swing in the game and a much bigger impact than his 0 receptions and the selected blocks in this video.  Not a great ROI for 21 million.  
Unlike the millions Kirk is making to stare down receivers and throw TDs to the wrong team?

@JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
Unlike the millions Kirk is making to stare down receivers and throw TDs to the wrong team?
Wow, where has cantankerous, Cousins-hating Jimmy been for the last year? Oh yeah, waiting for that one bad game. LOL. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
Wow, where has cantankerous, Cousins-hating Jimmy been for the last year? Oh yeah, waiting for that one bad game. LOL. 
The sad part is, Jimmy didn't have to wait very long,,,LOL

@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
And 0-3. Shuts you the hell up,  but 1 win and look who's back talking shit.  I dont hate Cousins,   but lets be honest,  he threw a b ery stupid pass after breaking a very cardinal rule of QBing,   so instead of putting the pick 6 on a TE,  put the blame on the only person it should be on.

And I've always been very clear about Cousins,  I dont wait for opportunities,   I defended him last year for the picks against the Colts,   but this is on him.   No matter what your homerism wants to believe.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
And 0-3. Shuts you the hell up,  but 1 win and look who's back talking shit.  I dont hate Cousins,   but lets be honest,  he threw a b ery stupid pass after breaking a very cardinal rule of QBing,   so instead of putting the pick 6 on a TE,  put the blame on the only person it should be on.

And I've always been very clear about Cousins,  I dont wait for opportunities,   I defended him last year for the picks against the Colts,   but this is on him.   No matter what your homerism wants to believe.
Oh Jimmy. Cousins was probably the best QB in the NFL over those first three weeks. Yes they were all losses. Carolina game, a win, was the worst game he's played so far this year, even if you take away the pick 6.

I just find it funny as hell that no matter how well he plays over a period of time, there's always a handful of haters who pop back onto Twitter or this board after a bad game and say "see, this is who is he is!" LOL

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:

Oh Jimmy. Cousins was probably the best QB in the NFL over those first three weeks. Yes they were all losses. Carolina game, a win, was the worst game he's played so far this year, even if you take away the pick 6.

I just find it funny as hell that no matter how well he plays over a period of time, there's always a handful of haters who pop back onto Twitter or this board after a bad game and say "see, this is who is he is!" LOL
he wasnt that fucking good against the bucs,  do you actually watch the games or get your takes from the stat lines?  his ball placement was shit,  he didnt recognize pressure pre snap,   and once again didnt do shit in the pocket to help his line.

I have been consistent in my evaluations of Kirk,  when he deserves props he gets them,  but he hasnt looked that wonderful despite what his stats have shown,  you take away JJ and give him another above average receiver and people are singing a completely different song on him IMO.  Still typically one of the best passers in the game when hes on,  but he hasnt been "ON" near as often this year as his gaudy stats seem to indicate.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:

he wasnt that fucking good against the bucs,  do you actually watch the games or get your takes from the stat lines?  his ball placement was shit,  he didnt recognize pressure pre snap,   and once again didnt do shit in the pocket to help his line.

I have been consistent in my evaluations of Kirk,  when he deserves props he gets them,  but he hasnt looked that wonderful despite what his stats have shown,  you take away JJ and give him another above average receiver and people are signing a completely different song on him IMO.  Still typically one of the best passers in the game when hes on,  but he hasnt been "ON" near as often this year as his gaudy stats seem to indicate.
Yeah, I get all my takes from the stat lines. 

Right now, Oliver is the 1st overall tight end on PFF. A total of 71 TEs are considered, but Oliver’s 89.5 grade is claiming the gold medal.

Quote: @Kentis said:
Right now, Oliver is the 1st overall tight end on PFF. A total of 71 TEs are considered, but Oliver’s 89.5 grade is claiming the gold medal.
Here he takes out two defenders, springing Mattison for 17 yards. Even gets an attaboy from Darrisaw. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...37199?s=20