Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting into context how bad Vikings' 2022 draft was
What might have been? I too was on the Davis train. But we don't need DTs and especially not dominant ones.
[Image: tdkhieu2q5b9.png]

Hamilton had me all up his caboose. How we skipped him for Cine will never make sense. 

It seems as if all of these GM's and their staffs have some sort of rules they follow when it comes to the draft. They are also trying to find players to fit their concept of what their team " could " be.
If you pass on players like Davis or Hamilton, you better get compensation for moving down, and hit on your choices.
High draft choices should contribute every year. I support Kwesi, but he is going to have to stop looking for value picks in rounds one and two and try to take the blessing of an early pick.

I honestly believe Kwesi's analytics didn't explain to him that inner division trades are a no-no, especially at the Top of the draft.  

18 months later Kwesi got fleeced in both of his trades.

People are hyperfocusing on a small sample set.

A draft pick is more like a gradient, where they have some
amount of chance of busting, some amount chance of being a contributor, some amount
of chance of being a starter, and some amount chance of being a star.  Every GM draft busts, and any GM that is
around long enough has draft classes that look horrible, but you are hoping
that over many draft picks, your GM is getting more value and more contribution
than all the other GMs. 

Kwesi’s first draft doesn’t look great in hindsight, and it
sucks that his top two picks both had catastrophic season ending injuries early,
but we’re still looking at a very small sample size and his second draft looks
much better.

Quote: @medaille said:

amount of chance of busting, some amount chance of being a contributor, some amount
of chance of being a starter, and some amount chance of being a star.  Every GM draft busts, and any GM that is
than all the other GMs. 

sucks that his top two picks both had catastrophic season ending injuries early,
much better.

Even if Cine and Booth were fair or average players, how does a team trade up 20 picks in the first round without giving an additional first round pick? I guarantee if we wanted to move up just 10 spots in the first round the price would be double what we got for allowing the Lions to move up 20.

Quote: @FLVike said:
@medaille said:

than all the other GMs. 

much better.

Even if Cine and Booth were fair or average players, how does a team trade up 20 picks in the first round without giving an additional first round pick? I guarantee if we wanted to move up just 10 spots in the first round the price would be double what we got for allowing the Lions to move up 20.
This is what I think of when I try to give KAM the benefit of the doubt. It nags at my fan brain.

Obviously this is a talker but it’s still early to say this draft is a bust.  in my view Cine, Ingram and Asamoah are the keys and they are all still yet to make a positive impact relative to their draft position 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Hamilton had me all up his caboose.  
Hence the funny gait.....

This is year two and we are still waiting. The picks we passed on are contributing on other teams. I understand its a gradient and we have to give it at least three years but man its really hard to hold out hope while seeing players we could have had having an impact on other teams. I wonder how much those players would have developed in year three too.

And then there are the trades…