Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Akers
Quote: @Wetlander said:
Kwesi saw that 1.3 yard per carry average and said, "THAT'S MY RB!"
Based on advanced analytics on AWS when you factor in other variables and projections thats like 5.2 yards per carry. 

According to Pro Football Network’s Adam Caplan, Akers originally had disagreements with the Rams’ coaching staff last season over his role. Specifically, there were issues with how former running backs coach Ra’Shaad Samples, who is no longer with the team, wanted to deploy Akers. Once the trade rumors stopped and Samples was gone, Akers reportedly felt better about his situation.
However, the decision to move on from Akers in 2023 appears to be McVay’s call. In addition to the lack of production in Week 1, it appears poor practice habits might also play a part.
Quote:“McVay, who is known in coaching circles as being down on players who do not perform well in regular-season practices, clearly made the decision to bench Akers, and when he’s down on the player, it’s rarely a well-kept secret around the NFL.”
Adam Caplan on Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay and running back Cam Akersnone
Unlike last season, Los Angeles isn’t willing to give Akers another chance. McVay told reporters on Monday that if a trade doesn’t materialize, Akers will still not have new opportunities with the Rams moving forward.
https://sportsnaut.com/cam-akers-news-los-angeles-rams-rumor/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
According to Pro Football Network’s Adam Caplan, Akers originally had disagreements with the Rams’ coaching staff last season over his role. Specifically, there were issues with how former running backs coach Ra’Shaad Samples, who is no longer with the team, wanted to deploy Akers. Once the trade rumors stopped and Samples was gone, Akers reportedly felt better about his situation.
However, the decision to move on from Akers in 2023 appears to be McVay’s call. In addition to the lack of production in Week 1, it appears poor practice habits might also play a part.
McVay, who is known in coaching circles as being down on players who do not perform well in regular-season practices, clearly made the decision to bench Akers, and when he’s down on the player, it’s rarely a well-kept secret around the NFL.”
Adam Caplan on Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay and running back Cam Akersnone
Unlike last season, Los Angeles isn’t willing to give Akers another chance. McVay told reporters on Monday that if a trade doesn’t materialize, Akers will still not have new opportunities with the Rams moving forward.
https://sportsnaut.com/cam-akers-news-los-angeles-rams-rumor/
At the bold…..
How is this not OK for players to perform well at practice?
Should this not be the norm? I am so confused.

Well we know KOC loves him some Rams and we were looking for another back after Kwesi's other draft pick backs were non impactful.

Meh, it kind of move to me...

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Swapping 2026 late round picks, yes 2026…!  B) 
Somebody really needed to show a win here,  not a very big win mind you,  but a win nonetheless. 
Kwazy like a fox, trading the next GM’s picks, I like it…!  Wink B)  
3 drafts from now?  I'm not sure that I've heard of a trade 3 years out with next to no compensation.  I'd assume we're trading a 7th for a 6th or similar?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Somebody really needed to show a win here,  not a very big win mind you,  but a win nonetheless. 
3 drafts from now?  I'm not sure that I've heard of a trade 3 years out with next to no compensation.  I'd assume we're trading a 7th for a 6th or similar?
That’s because you have not been using Analytics

2022 SEASON STATS
CARRIES
188 26th
RUSHING YARDS
786 29th
RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS
7 T-14th
YARDS / CARRY
4.2 T-37
RUSHING
CARRIES188
RUSHING YARDS786
RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS7
YARDS PER ATTEMPT4.2
FUMBLES2
Receiving
TARGETS17
RECEPTIONS13
RECEIVING YARDS117
RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS0

A 2026 6th for 7th pick swap is basically like getting a guy off waivers for free.  I have no problem with it, but don't believe Akers or anybody else is going to get a lot of yardage running behind our oline.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
I think this tells you everything you need to know. Its nothing. It's less than nothing. It's a joke really. And I'm not even kidding about that. 

I think the Rams would've just released him. But they saw an opportunity to show a guy with an attitude problem and an inflated belief in his own value just what his true value was on the market. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
I think this tells you everything you need to know. Its nothing. It's less than nothing. It's a joke really. And I'm not even kidding about that. 

I think the Rams would've just released him. But they saw an opportunity to show a guy with an attitude problem and an inflated belief in his own value just what his true value was on the market. 

Akers has ability, actually a very good athlete. But not sure about his temperament or work ethic. As you mention, he's picked up for next to nothing. And he's only 24 years old.