Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is gross
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I mean we just signed Mettelus to an extension and Bynum was probably our best player Sunday and isn't going anywhere. The Cine pick looks more idiotic every day..

But seriously you want to know why this team is lacking quality depth, look no further than this draft 
one draft /offseason doesnt sink a roster,  we have been doing things prior to that draft that has led up to where things are today.  We have over a decade of IOL problems,  that cant be put on KAM.  Our IDL has been suspect for about 8 years nows,  thats not all on KAM,  defensive backfield too.  This teams overall talent level has been on a decline for a long time, one or two drafts isnt going to turn that around,  although he hasnt done anything to improve the matter,  the blame isnt solely his.
This. But last year's draft looks like hot dog shit. Sigh. 

Do you see in infrared?  Or how do you tell the diference between hot dog shit or say slightly warm dog shit vs cold dog shit?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I mean we just signed Mettelus to an extension and Bynum was probably our best player Sunday and isn't going anywhere. The Cine pick looks more idiotic every day..

But seriously you want to know why this team is lacking quality depth, look no further than this draft 
one draft /offseason doesnt sink a roster,  we have been doing things prior to that draft that has led up to where things are today.  We have over a decade of IOL problems,  that cant be put on KAM.  Our IDL has been suspect for about 8 years nows,  thats not all on KAM,  defensive backfield too.  This teams overall talent level has been on a decline for a long time, one or two drafts isnt going to turn that around,  although he hasnt done anything to improve the matter,  the blame isnt solely his.
This. But last year's draft looks like hot dog shit. Sigh. 

Do you see in infrared?  Or how do you tell the diference between hot dog shit or say slightly warm dog shit vs cold dog shit?
Its the stink waves coming off. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95284xq1lhyc19wdv5gst...y.gif&ct=s]

The big question is what was the more significant contributor to the loss, the 2 total snaps by our 1st, high 2nd and 3rd round picks or the 64 snaps by Ingram =)

Lewis Cine (0) Andrew Booth (0) Ed Ingram (64)

Brian Asamoah (2) 

The 2022 draft is looking more and more horrible by the day.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
Hate to remind everybody of this, but it's going to look even worse when Christian Watson and Jameson Williams come back for division rivals and we realize we allowed teams to move up for these guys essentially so we could draft Cine, Booth and Ingram. Woof...

It's not on the level of the Hershall Walker trade, but I could easily see these going down as some of the worst trades in franchise history. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Hate to remind everybody of this, but it's going to look even worse when Christian Watson and Jameson Williams come back for division rivals and we realize we allowed teams to move up for these guys essentially so we could draft Cine, Booth and Ingram. Woof...

It's not on the level of the Hershall Walker trade, but I could easily see these going down as some of the worst trades in franchise history. 
What bothers me more isn't so much that the Packers got Watson or Lions got Williams, but that we punted on taking Hamilton and didn't get enough from Detroit for making that trade. Those two things are what really irk me.

@"supafreak84" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:

What bothers me more isn't so much that the Packers got Watson or Lions got Williams, but that we punted on taking Hamilton and didn't get enough from Detroit for making that trade. Those two things are what really irk me.
and there goes that bandaid once again... Thanks PC!  Lets hope Jalen Carter doesnt go off tomorrow night or I may have to seek PTSD therapy.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Curious if the Vikings make a change at RG and put in Brandel.  Ingram didn't play as poorly as the rage-o-sphere makes it sound, but he did make a handful of glaring mistakes. 

What's interesting to is that it looked like the Vikings new protection scheme seemed to work OK at times. They were bunching up the interior rush fairly well. It's just that Tampa always had a free runner either from the outside or one that looped around the stack up the middle. It's like they knew exactly what we were going to do and had an answer for it. 

Not sure about Asamoah. 1st series was Hicks and the big nickel. 2nd series was Hicks and Pace. 3rd series was Asamoah and Hicks. Asamoah blew a coverage, then made a tackle on White at the line of scrimmage. He never saw the field again. So either he re-aggravated the shoulder or he was benched for the blown coverage. 

I hope we get to see more of Chandler as the season wears on. 
Sorry, but he flat out sucked. He wasn't the only one, but 

Ed Ingram's overall PFF grade vs the Bucs was 46.2, 2nd worst on the Vikings offense. His pass block grade was 40.3, the worst of 12 Vikings who received grades in the pass block category, which includes Alexander Mattison (49.1) and Oli Udoh (43.4).

The one guy who has struggled in pass blocking, Ezra Cleveland, turned in a great performance at 84.8 and was the highest rated of any Vikings lineman on Sunday. 

@"supafreak84" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:

I agree with you completely. I do however think I've seen enough of Watson to say he has the tools to be a legit #1 in this league and Jameson Williams is hugely talented and I actually think the suspension played in his favor having more tome to heal up and be 100% when he comes back next month. I remember Kwesi's response to making these trades and allowing division rivals to move up, "well, they still have to play us too." LOL I somehow don't think either are worried about Lewis Cine or being covered by Andrew Booth. Bravo Golden Child, bravo...

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:

The Walker trade has to be the worst in the teams history and you could be right about Cine, Booth , and Ingram being bad as well but for a moment let's not forget about Ricks trade of a 5th round pick for Kaare Vedvik in the preseason of 2019 only to waive him before the season started.  The Ravens then  sent that pick to Jacksonville for Calais Campbell.

And let's not forget Rick traded a 2nd and conditional 5th for Yannick Ngakoue only to trade him a short time later for a 3rd and conditional 5th.

All I'm saying is alot of GM's make boneheaded decisions that may look good at the time, only to turn to shit after the fact.