Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expect Kirko to get knocked around in this game....
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
There are more good DTs/NTs in the NFL than there's ever been. Its rare that the center/guards get a game off from that. So this week its Vea....next week will be player X.....then watch out for Player Y! At some point, you have to want better than Bradbury at center. I know its not just as easy as replacing him, but I haven't seen any real attempt in the past 3 seasons to do that. 
I think the reason they committed to Bradbury (for three years no less) is because he's improved every season and they expect that to continue. Is he going to get beat by Vea, and others like Dexter Lawrence? Of course. Look at that clip. That's 5X all pro Jason Kelce getting repeatedly embarrassed by Vea. Here's one of Dexter Lawrence destroying 3X all pro Quenton Nelson. So is it going to happen to the three decidedly non-all-pro stooges on our IOL? Yes. But can it be limited or schemed out enough so that our offense can move the ball on occasion? We'll see.

To me the interesting one is Ingram. Will he better? Probably. We did hear some good things from camp. But unfortunately not the kind of raves that would seem to foretell a massive improvement. So will he be better enough to hold off Blake Brandel? KOC sounded almost giddy when talking about Brandel. If Ingram continues to struggle it wouldn't surprise me to see them put Brandel in...even week one. 
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer/statu...gr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/alec_lewis/status/16...gr%5Etweet

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
There are more good DTs/NTs in the NFL than there's ever been. Its rare that the center/guards get a game off from that. So this week its Vea....next week will be player X.....then watch out for Player Y! At some point, you have to want better than Bradbury at center. I know its not just as easy as replacing him, but I haven't seen any real attempt in the past 3 seasons to do that. 
I think the reason they committed to Bradbury (for three years no less) is because he's improved every season and they expect that to continue. Is he going to get beat by Vea, and others like Dexter Lawrence? Of course. Look at that clip. That's 5X all pro Jason Kelce getting repeatedly embarrassed by Vea. Here's one of Dexter Lawrence destroying 3X all pro Quenton Nelson. So is it going to happen to the three decidedly non-all-pro stooges on our IOL? Yes. But can it be limited or schemed out enough so that our offense can move the ball on occasion? We'll see.

To me the interesting one is Ingram. Will he better? Probably. We did hear some good things from camp. But unfortunately not the kind of raves that would seem to foretell a massive improvement. So will he be better enough to hold off Blake Brandel? KOC sounded almost giddy when talking about Brandel. If Ingram continues to struggle it wouldn't surprise me to see them put Brandel in...even week one. 
Yea I think Ingram is the weak link not necessarily Bradbury.  He has to improve because he was literally a bottom 3 Guard.  He almost set the record (recorded since 2009) of most hits given up by an OL.  

Kirk has to stay healthy for us to go anywhere - Dah Smile

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer/statu...gr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/alec_lewis/status/16...gr%5Etweet
I didn't see that about Ingram. Very encouraging. If the Vikings can cut the inside pressure by just 10-15%, I'll be happy. 

Brandel is gonna be starting by week 4 is my educated guess.

I've been watching brandel play since 2010,I absolutely think hell do it. 

I think the Vikings are gonna give him a chance to start. 

I am one who believes that the more the Oline plays together, the more they improve overall.  This doesn't mean that one and one match-ups won't be lost but overall there will be improvement.  Also, lets be realistic, the Vikings are going to devote a lot of money to the tackles, they can't have all-pro guards.  If they become average, that's a win.

Additionally, I think the offense will evolve this year to do things to help Kirk.  I think you will have some faster developing routes with the shifty Addison (Thielen was no longer quick enough for such routes last year).  We will see a lot more 2 TE formations that will allow a tackle to assist a guard, etc.  Again, you can't have all-pros across the line so you have to make up for that with creativity and schemes.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
I am one who believes that the more the Oline plays together, the more they improve overall.  This doesn't mean that one and one match-ups won't be lost but overall there will be improvement.  Also, lets be realistic, the Vikings are going to devote a lot of money to the tackles, they can't have all-pro guards.  If they become average, that's a win.

Additionally, I think the offense will evolve this year to do things to help Kirk.  I think you will have some faster developing routes with the shifty Addison (Thielen was no longer quick enough for such routes last year).  We will see a lot more 2 TE formations that will allow a tackle to assist a guard, etc.  Again, you can't have all-pros across the line so you have to make up for that with creativity and schemes.
This.