Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Jaren Hall analysis
Hall is no Heinecke. He's got way more physical attributes. That's the exciting part. We'll see, its a work in progress.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Hall is no Heinecke. He's got way more physical attributes. That's the exciting part. We'll see, its a work in progress.
And that's the last we'll see of Hall for a while...Let him curate for a year, see how to be a pro from KC and see what we got next off-season. 

I like him, he has promise. He did get the ball out quick in the first qtr. On the last play where he went over the LOS was not good, not good at all.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
You can see a difference from the first game to the third one. And yes I know it's hard to tell with the scrubs on the field at times but you can see him starting to settle in at times. I am not crowning him but I am not writing him off either. Time will tell. 
The thing that encourages me is that his problems right now--internal clock, delays in getting to his 2nd and 3rd progressions--are typically fixable with time and experience. In other words, he doesn't seem to have fundamental problems with accuracy or decision making. 

Quote: @FLVike said:
I like him, he has promise. He did get the ball out quick in the first qtr. On the last play where he went over the LOS was not good, not good at all.
that didnt really bother me,  it meant his mind and his goal was to push the ball down field,  not just simply tuck and run.  We already know he has that run ability,  i want to see him focused down field and trying to make plays with his arm.  they said he tried to catch himself right before the throw and get back behind the line but it was to late,  so he was aware of the issue,  just an execution problem and those will get fixed with more reps.

Some of the better clips of Hall against Arizona. Right now, he's just a 1-read QB. But he does move to his 2nd read on the 2nd play. If he can get better at that we might have something. Accuracy is clearly not a problem. 

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/16...93152?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Some of the better clips of Hall against Arizona. Right now, he's just a 1-read QB. But he does move to his 2nd read on the 2nd play. If he can get better at that we might have something. Accuracy is clearly not a problem. 

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/16...93152?s=20
This is what I saw that was so encouraging: that accuracy and those eyes down the field. Minnesota isn't going to rush him into anything this year and he needs the time to get acclimated to everything professional. The odds may be still against it, but he's increased them to the positive undoubtedly. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
Would think they will extend Kirk as Hall looks several years away and even if we draft a first round QB we will not be high enough to get someone who can step in and start.  
This scenario is looking pretty likely atm, based on how this season goes of course. The only wildcard being— will Kirk sign a one year extension? We can’t franchise tag him and I my guess is this regime wants to give him no more than 2 additional years, max. The unfortunate thing is they’ll have to decide on Kirk prior to the draft, so we won’t know what we’ll have behind him when we have to make the decision.

Hall does look a bit promising. Hopefully he can progress during the season. I don’t see a world where he gets any real playing time this year but hopefully in practices he can do his thing and improve. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Gotta love his moving up in the pocket to gain extra time. His arm is so so but he got in a rythym in the 2 minute and was throwing dimes. 
I think his arm is better than that. He was doing a lot of 'aiming' on his throws and not stepping in and cutting loose. You could see he was trying not to mess up. More confidence and you'll see his arm strength in play more. 

He has shown me enough moxie to want to keep him around and soak it all in this year. Hopefully they draft another top prospect and see where it all settles.