Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kareem Hunt Visiting Vikings
So I guess character doesn't count?  Says a lot about this teams leadership to bring a guy like this in.  

Sounds like he left Eagan yesterday...

Even though it's still super early, I suspect they'll be good with Chandler. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
they need to ask themselves,  is this team a  RB away from competing with the elite in the league?  then why are we looking at adding a high dollar RB?  save that cap money to put towards locking down JJ, TJ, long term, and most likely Cousins for at least a couple more years.
Yes they think they're contenders. Of course they do. But with Kene currently hurt and McBride not looking very good, the Vikings probably feel thin at RB. I'd have to agree. The cap is not really an issue since, if they sign Hunt, he would almost certainly be signed for only one year.

At some point you have to think that Dalvin is going to realize the money he wants just isn't there. Does he come back at that point? Or does he go ambulance chasing?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
they need to ask themselves,  is this team a  RB away from competing with the elite in the league?  then why are we looking at adding a high dollar RB?  save that cap money to put towards locking down JJ, TJ, long term, and most likely Cousins for at least a couple more years.
Yes they think they're contenders. Of course they do. But with Kene currently hurt and McBride not looking very good, the Vikings probably feel thin at RB. I'd have to agree. The cap is not really an issue since, if they sign Hunt, he would almost certainly be signed for only one year.

At some point you have to think that Dalvin is going to realize the money he wants just isn't there. Does he come back at that point? Or does he go ambulance chasing?
No depth and Mattison’s PFF numbers are pretty bad too. Everyone gets mad about Dalvin getting stuffed for losses and seems to think AM is some push the pile guy but I don’t see it. For a team that claims to want to fix the run game this year, I have my doubts they’re going to achieve it.

From Twitter (X):

“Over the past three seasons, 84 Running Backs have had 30 or more rushing attempts against a light box.(6 defenders or fewer)
Alexander Mattison Ranks:YPC: Last (3.4)YAC/ATT:  67th (2.2)
With how talented the Vikings are passing, I expect them to get a lot of light boxes and two high coverages.
It's not all on Mattison because the run blocking for the Vikings hasn't been the greatest, but Dalvin Cook, during this same span of time-averaged 4.7 yards per carry and 2.4 yards after contact per attempt.“

Quote: @JR44 said:
So I guess character doesn't count?  Says a lot about this teams leadership to bring a guy like this in.  

Let's be real, character counts for a large percentage of any fan base when it's convenient. If the player produces and the teams winning character matters less and it's "our guy" deserving a second chance. If it's someone else's player character counts. Don't have to think too far back to a former Vikes RB being a scumbag and people making excuses. And still making excuses.

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:

Let's be real, character counts for a large percentage of any fan base when it's convenient. If the player produces and the teams winning character matters less and it's "our guy" deserving a second chance. If it's someone else's player character counts. Don't have to think too far back to a former Vikes RB being a scumbag and people making excuses. And still making excuses.
Yep. Let's not forget what a POS Adrian Peterson was with his son. 

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:

Obviously, any fanbase is going to include a diverse range
of opinions, and the better and more likeable a player is the more fans will
tolerate bad behavior.  That said, Hunt
isn’t anywhere close to AD or Cook in terms of performance upside and in terms
of negative optics he’s probably in the top 3 for least likeable person in the
league.  I just don’t think we need to go
out and bring in a backup RB (maybe co-starter in a RB by committee situation) that has his downsides.

There are big ? after Mattison and I guess now Chandler. 

They better be kicking tires on players out there - you have to be prepared if the football gods smite thee. 

Proving @medaille’s point, Ingram’s past is just as ugly as Hunt’s fwiw and even in the other thread where everyone is lamenting his percieved lack of progress and/or talent, this hasn’t been brought up. Not saying we should bring in Hunt but just pointing out our team isn’t exactly all saints.

Sidenote did you all see Vikings legend Bashaud Breeland stole a car the other day and was trafficking drugs? Woof. 

My thinking is we are gonna have hammers when it comes to the run game, hence the Hunt talk.  Look what KC did with Pacheco last year.  Physical style with positive yardage to keep your down and distances manageable for Kirk and JJ, Hock and the rest.