Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockenson??
Quote: @greediron said:
@comet52 said:
Battling an illness... I heard he was sick of not getting a contract extension.  :p
Yeah, kinda not buying the illness claim.  
Not sure why the Vikes would make this up. They were very upfront about trying to work things out with Hunter, why be coy about Hockenson if this is actually a hold-in tactic by him?

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@greediron said:
@comet52 said:
Battling an illness... I heard he was sick of not getting a contract extension.  :p
Not sure why the Vikes would make this up. They were very upfront about trying to work things out with Hunter, why be coy about Hockenson if this is actually a hold-in tactic by him?
Teams are always coy/deceptive if it benefits them.  I don't know why this would be different.

@greediron said:
@comet52 said:
Dunno.  Just seems to be the hold-in type of situation.  He is suited up and working out but not practicing with the team.  Hard to say, just my feeling.

Quote: @greediron said:
@1VikesFan said:
@greediron said:
@comet52 said:
Dunno.  Just seems to be the hold-in type of situation.  He is suited up and working out but not practicing with the team.  Hard to say, just my feeling.

Not sure what kind of "sickness" this is.  But if he is truly sick with something transmittable, I wouldn't want him around. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
@1VikesFan said:
@greediron said:
@comet52 said:

Not sure what kind of "sickness" this is.  But if he is truly sick with something transmittable, I wouldn't want him around. 
And what kind of sickness allows for stretching and conditioning but not team drills?  Sounds like an injury or risk of injury sickness.

You guys could definitely be right but I do know a person can get a bad case of the flu, for instance, and it takes awhile to get back to full strength.

Guess time will tell.

Quit stringing him along - get it done.

jackasses

My view is that KOC said it is what it is.  Illness, nothing severe.
Words matter.  He was not vague.  
Hock will be well paid this season.  Keep in mind he would probably prefer to wait into this season, in hopes that he lights it up...which will only increase his stock.  So his camp (agent) might be dragging their feet a tad.  If I believed in myself, I probably would. 
There is plenty of cap space for the 2024 season and beyond (still have to be judicious for this year...should keep some powder dry).  Hock, JJ are two of the guys we want to lock up.  
Hunter was only gonna make half what Hock was gonna make this year, no wonder he was grumpy.
I agree...these things seem to take care of themselves.  The teams and their agents always try to maintain a "Don't blink first" attitude in negotiating these deals.  
Having said that, I look at those big names who remain unsigned so far into camp...Cook, Zeke, Risner, Clowney...keep going

You guys could definitely be right but I do know a person can get a bad case of the flu, for instance, and it takes awhile to get back to full strength.

Guess time will tell.
Very possible.  Just seems the hold-in is the new thing.  

lupus?!  is it lupus?