Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Addison looking like a hit
promising news,  tempering enthusiasm until he proves it when the lights come on for real.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
not concerned about his skill set - more concerned when he gets “lit up if he can get up”
Those days of football are over.  

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
not concerned about his skill set - more concerned when he gets “lit up if he can get up”
Plenty of chances to light up in MN now lol!! 

I'm sure the Vikings FO was pleased weed is legal now...

Of course, he's extremely talented and he'll get open consistently. He's probably a WR1 in the NFL in two years, but he's stuck behind JJ. Minnesota is going to benefit from this kid's rookie contract. The more I read about him, the more I think its a 10 win team bottom now. Maybe 9 wins was just a bit lite. He's money on the routes, that's a huge deal. Guys getting open within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage consistently will open up the deep ball, especially knowing Mattison will average over 4.5 yds a carry. 

Throw in Hock, the new blocking TE they signed and a healthy Mattison hammering it home, might be a real pain in the ass to defend the Vikings' offense.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:
they are still very much here,  its just a matter of if the refs throw the flag for it.  JJ took some pretty nasty hits last year when Kirk led him into harms way and in tight situations the refs let them go as its harder to argue that the defender wasnt going for the ball.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:
they are still very much here,  its just a matter of if the refs throw the flag for it.  JJ took some pretty nasty hits last year when Kirk led him into harms way and in tight situations the refs let them go as its harder to argue that the defender wasnt going for the ball.
I think I remember the Jets game specifically.  Those were targeted head shots and should have been flagged.  But that is because they couldn't find another way to stop him.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Of course, he's extremely talented and he'll get open consistently. He's probably a WR1 in the NFL in two years, but he's stuck behind JJ. Minnesota is going to benefit from this kid's rookie contract. The more I read about him, the more I think its a 10 win team bottom now. Maybe 9 wins was just a bit lite. He's money on the routes, that's a huge deal. Guys getting open within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage consistently will open up the deep ball, especially knowing Mattison will average over 4.5 yds a carry. 

Throw in Hock, the new blocking TE they signed and a healthy Mattison hammering it home, might be a real pain in the ass to defend the Vikings' offense.
We'll learn a whole lot more about him (and the team) over the joint practices the next two weeks. 

My prediction is that Oliver is going to make more of an impact than many here believe - and its going to be catching the ball, not just another OT out there. 

I think the Ravens under-utilized the guy. He could be more of a Kleinsasser type to pair with TJH. 

It is against our defensive backfield so lets temper our excitment a tad. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
It is against our defensive backfield so lets temper our excitment a tad. 
Its the most wonderful time of the year for football fans...

Last year about this time Kirko was remarking how difficult it was to play against _onatells _efense in practice too.