Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Layoffs
ESPN has sucked for years.  Years, woke, non woke, etc.  It much like "news media" is a for profit model now driven by bullshit, clicks, hot topics, arguing.  

Screw them and their bloated budgets and 100 ex-players chiming in with their opinion.  

There are much better sports outlets out there.  

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
ESPN has sucked for years.  Years, woke, non woke, etc.  It much like "news media" is a for profit model now driven by bullshit, clicks, hot topics, arguing.  

Screw them and their bloated budgets and 100 ex-players chiming in with their opinion.  

There are much better sports outlets out there.  
Absolutely this.  Can't even remember the last time I watched ESPN's draft coverage.  Colin Cowherd's Jet fan sidekick was filling in for him today on FS1 and I still didn't even consider flipping over to ESPN.

I rarely watch sports news shows anymore. Maybe Total Access during the NFL season. Otherwise I get most of my sports news via Twitter where I can filter what I watch.

The only real loss I care about in regard to talent is JVG. He's polarizing but I think his grumpy old man schtick is kind of funny during NBA games. I don't watch any of the morning shows so those cuts won't affect me in the slightest.
I realize JVG doesn't fit this mold but I think most people just want to watch sports, not be yelled at or preached to. Maybe that's not correct though because clearly ESPN bases their programming around tons of viewership metrics. Oh well, if I don't like it I don't watch it. HBO, Netflix, etc have plenty of shows I don't watch or have interest in either. That doesn't cause me to have some vendetta against them like people do with ESPN for some reason.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
The only real loss I care about in regard to talent is JVG. He's polarizing but I think his grumpy old man schtick is kind of funny during NBA games. I don't watch any of the morning shows so those cuts won't affect me in the slightest.
I realize JVG doesn't fit this mold but I think most people just want to watch sports, not be yelled at or preached to. Maybe that's not correct though because clearly ESPN bases their programming around tons of viewership metrics. Oh well, if I don't like it I don't watch it. HBO, Netflix, etc have plenty of shows I don't watch or have interest in either. That doesn't cause me to have some vendetta against them like people do with ESPN for some reason.
people never likely had the connection with a network like sportsfans had with espn.  from childhood on... it was the first channel I checked when i flipped on the tv,  its what was on in the back ground almost all the time when i wasnt actively watching tv ( that or MTV when it actually had music on)  to lose that source of release from the everyday was irritating for those that grew up with it and so we tend to be a little bitter about it.