Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So are the Vikings going to tell us what's wrong with Sam?
Quote: @Norse said:
@Vikergirl said:
Good question. Saying he is fine and not saying when he will play again royally sucks.
When a women's sais "fine" it usually means trouble was coming.
Not sure how that works with Zimmer. 
I see you have learned an important lesson lol. I have always hated the word fine. Maybe they don't actually know yet when he plays. Maybe it's day by day. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. Waiting sucks. 

Folks - he is fine.   He had swelling.  He won't be out 6 weeks.  Better than 50/50 he plays vs Tampa next week.   He just was not very mobile in pregame today.

There is no conspiracy of hidden info.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
Folks - he is fine.   He had swelling.  He won't be out 6 weeks.  Better than 50/50 he plays vs Tampa next week.   He just was not very mobile in pregame today.

Then Zimmer should have simply just said that

Not suggesting there is a conspiracy, but throwing out the 6 weeks scenario was bizarre... especially if it was not even feasible.

I wasn't thinking conspiracy but 2 quarterbacks in 2 years with knee injuries, I am at least thinking cruel. 

So why does the coach have to be so testy at the presser when asked about it?  Why not just act professional instead of pouting after every loss for a change.  

Zimmer handled his post game presser like a dick. Completely unnecessary. It was the first time that reporters got to ask about Bradford and his knee and he acted like a petulant baby.

I'm sure no team ever says, "We can afford to lose this game," but I suspect that an early non-conference game seemed like a fair time to rest Bradford's knee.

I don’t think there’s too much rocket science behind what
happened at his press conference.  The
reporters have been harassing him constantly trying to figure out what’s up
with Bradford’s knee.  Maybe not publicly,
but probably calling his phone, or trying to get his attention in the hallway,
or whatever reporters do to get the scoop. 
He’s playing it close to the vest or doesn’t know and can’t tell them
anything good, but they just keep asking, so he just throws out 6 weeks as something
that’s too far from realistic as a way of telling them they’re not going to get
any good info.
Was he being a dick. 
Yes.  Where the reporters also
being dicks?  Who knows, but Zimmer acted
like they were.

I wish Zimmer was a little better at just saying, “We’re
going to keep that close to the vest, but thanks for asking.”, but that’s not his
style.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I'm sure no team ever says, "We can afford to lose this game," but I suspect that an early non-conference game seemed like a fair time to rest Bradford's knee.
I didn't think they were going to win the game anyway. I would rather be winning down the stretch than early like last year. They will need a healthy QB to win with a tough late season schedule.
I didn't think the O line played real bad considering how long Keenum takes to make a decision to throw. Remmers was Remmers and both guards had troubles, but a quicker release and decision making process would have helped them out.
I don't think the sky is falling; yet.
Let Sam get healthy and move on. They still have potential.

Quote: @Tyr said:
I know the speculation is that his ACL is in tact, but he aggravated his knee somehow, which has led to the swelling and discomfort he is experiencing. I think it just comes down to when the swelling subsides and they feel Bradford is able to move comfortably and protect himself. It's bizarre as Hell that we finally have a good performance from the OL and Bradford aggravates his knee. Hopefully, he's back soon, because opposing defenses have no fear of Keenum right now.

Edit: It also demonstrates the risk of re-signing Bradford. He's a good enough player to re-sign, but his health makes you second guess if you want to commit to him long term. Unfortunately, Teddy will be in the same boat when he comes back from his injury. We'll have two good QBs, but both have major questions about their knees. Bradford did stay healthy last year, so hopefully this current issue is just a blip and not a sign of more serious issues.
which is why regardless of how this season plays out in terms of who we keep at QB and who moves on... we need to invest in another young guy fairly early in the draft process next spring,   unless they think they really have a future starter in Sloter,  they have to get the QB machine cranked up again and whether its Teddy or Sam the gets a new deal,  they have to understand that their potential replacement will be drafted in case they are unable to play very long.