Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaepernick.
We already have 1 inaccurate wildcat QB on the roster, & at least he plays RB & returns kick offs, so no thanks! 

Sloter > Kaepernick

If you look at Kaepernick's numbers from last season, he was a much better QB than Keenum. That being said, I think he would need some time to get up to speed, so in the short term, the Vikings are better off sticking with Keenum. If we need a QB for more than a few games, then I think Kaepernick is a better option than Keenum. Obviously, there is a political component with him, which complicates things. He doesn't bother me, but I understand that others feel differently. Hopefully, Bradford is back soon and Teddy returns in a few weeks, which would eliminate the need to sign another QB and give us two good QBs to ride out the season with.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Sloter > Kaepernick
You got it wrong
Sloter = McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
Sloter > Kaepernick
You got it wrong

If you say so... 

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
Sloter > Kaepernick
You got it wrong
Based on What?  Skin color?

Souhan: Vikings should have gambled on Kaepernick as backup
Given Sam Bradford's injury history, Vikings GM Rick Spielman should have again behaved ambitiously and acquired the best quarterback available to him: Colin Kaepernick.

PITTSBURGH — When Teddy Bridgewater injured his knee last August, Rick Spielman made a shockingly ambitious move, trading for Sam Bradford. He believed his team was built to win, making Bradford worth a high price.
Although injuries ruined the 2016 season, Spielman was right to gamble on Bradford, who has completed a stunning 72.3 percent of his passes as a Viking.
Sunday, Bradford tested his sore knee on the soft turf of Heinz Field, then the team made him inactive for the game. Case Keenum replaced him and performed like a quarterback who is lucky to be a backup in the NFL. The Vikings lost to the Steelers, 26-9, while managing 167 passing yards despite playing from behind the entire game.
Spielman invested heavily in the starting quarterback position, and white-knuckled his nickels when looking for an understudy. Given that the starter has had two surgeries on the same knee and hasn’t started 16 games in a season since 2012, Spielman should have done more than settle. He should have again behaved ambitiously and acquired the best quarterback available to him: Colin Kaepernick.
The Vikings were doomed on Sunday with Keenum in the lineup. Kaepernick would have given them a puncher’s chance.
Last year, Keenum threw nine touchdowns and 11 interceptions before being benched. Last year, Kaepernick threw 16 touchdowns and four interceptions. Kaepernick is bigger, stronger, faster, possesses a better arm and has been a starting quarterback in the Super Bowl, where he came within one pass of winning a championship...
http://www.startribune.com/a-year-after-...445174023/

After the game, Bradford was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and shaking hands with his teammates. Players praised Keenum — Dalvin Cook repeatedly mentioning the “energy” Keenum brings to the huddle — and Keenum vowed to be ready if needed.
“He fought his tail off,” tight end Kyle Rudolph said.
“I was prepared and ready to go,” Keenum said.
These are the nice things teammates say about mediocre players, and the nice things mediocre players say about themselves.
There is no comparison between Keenum and Kaepernick. The Vikings and other teams decided that they prefer comfortable losses to uneasy victories. Sunday’s loss was about as comfortably numbing as they get.

Oh bull fucking shit,   kapernick wanted nothing to do with a back up job or back up money,  anybody writing stories about such bull shit should wake the fuck up,  take their carers seriously, and actually follow the sport they are trying to write stories about.

As far as kapernick,  fuck him and his bull shit,  he had a job and quit when he wasn't getting treated like the snowflake that people want him to be treated like.  Iirc his high and mighty bull shit didn't start until he lost his starting job and he was trying to force his way out of San fran.

This is so fucking stupid to even be taking time with.

Kap is better than a good third of the QBs starting in the NFL. But at this point I think we're better off with what we have.