Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of Tucker Carlson....
Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
We may never know the real story.  I read an article where apparently today's show was in preparation and the lead story was going to be about the Dominion case.  The head of Fox News axed the story and today's show.  Was Carlson fired or did he quit?  Who knows, probably a NDA signed as you suggested.

The sexual discrimination (harassment?) is a new allegation.  May or may not be true.  We'll find out more if it progresses to court or a plea deal.  Innocent until proven guilty, always the best way to look at allegations, IMO...
It's not hard to figure out.  His contract was coming up.  Rupert handed over control to his bleeding heart liberal son, and libs promote politics over free speech.  It may not be all linear, but that's essentially what's going on.  Also, rumors of a potential sale.  

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@IDVikingfan said:
We may never know the real story.  I read an article where apparently today's show was in preparation and the lead story was going to be about the Dominion case.  The head of Fox News axed the story and today's show.  Was Carlson fired or did he quit?  Who knows, probably a NDA signed as you suggested.

The sexual discrimination (harassment?) is a new allegation.  May or may not be true.  We'll find out more if it progresses to court or a plea deal.  Innocent until proven guilty, always the best way to look at allegations, IMO...
It's not hard to figure out.  His contract was coming up.  Rupert handed over control to his bleeding heart liberal son, and libs promote politics over free speech.  It may not be all linear, but that's essentially what's going on.  Also, rumors of a potential sale.  
I think its likely also got to do with him becoming the tail that wags the dog and he was getting more extreme than the bulk of the conservative party which is where the advertising wants to pay to reach.  The far right 10% dont pay the bills.  I think that's also likely a big reason lemon was squeezed at cnn,  he played to such a small part of their audience that advertisers were likely not overly interested in buying ad time. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@IDVikingfan said:

I think its likely also got to do with him becoming the tail that wags the dog and he was getting more extreme than the bulk of the conservative party which is where the advertising wants to pay to reach.  The far right 10% dont pay the bills.  I think that's also likely a big reason lemon was squeezed at cnn,  he played to such a small part of their audience that advertisers were likely not overly interested in buying ad time. 
Much more than 10%.  Don’t kid yourself, you won’t view Fox as rightward leaning in five years is my guess.  This has been in the cards for the last five years.  

Rupert handed over control to his bleeding heart liberal son, and libs promote politics over free speech.    
Waterboy, you do understand that is a 100% incorrect statement, right?  Rupert turned over control to Lachlan and the liberal son James quit the board in 2020.  "Lachlan Murdoch is viewed as far more personally conservative than his father, who at times prioritized the finances and political influence of his media outlets rather than their ideology. Speaking at an event to launch a right-wing think tank in Sydney earlier this year, the son offered “a monologue that could have fit in seamlessly with the lineup of right-wing commentary served up every night by Fox News’s prime-time opinion hosts — including an obscure jab at the 1619 Project.”  https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/lachlan-murdoch-architect-fox-news-extremist-turn-may-soon-gain-even-more-power

2020 -- "James Murdoch resigned from the board of News Corp on Friday, citing disagreements over editorial content at the company founded by his father, conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch."  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-news-corp-james-murdoch/james-murdoch-resigns-from-news-corp-board-over-editorial-differences-idUSKCN24W33Q

@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@IDVikingfan said:

Much more than 10%.  Don’t kid yourself, you won’t view Fox as rightward leaning in five years is my guess.  This has been in the cards for the last five years.  
the bulk republicans are not far right Tucker Carlson viewers, despite what CNN and MSNBC tells their viewers,  just as the bulk of the democrats are not far left Don Lemon viewers,  even though the fringe may be running the media outlets for the parties they are pandering to,  the voters are still more moderately leaning and are actually turned off by the fringe elements of their respective parties,  maybe not as much as they are disgusted by the opposing fringe, but the moderates are a much bigger part of both parties,  with the extreme moderates of both parties being who actually decide the major elections in this country.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@Waterboy said:
 Rupert handed over control to his bleeding heart liberal son, and libs promote politics over free speech.    
Waterboy, you do understand that is a 100% incorrect statement, right?  Rupert turned over control to Lachlan and the liberal son James quit the board in 2020.  "Lachlan Murdoch is viewed as far more personally conservative than his father, who at times prioritized the finances and political influence of his media outlets rather than their ideology. Speaking at an event to launch a right-wing think tank in Sydney earlier this year, the son offered “a monologue that could have fit in seamlessly with the lineup of right-wing commentary served up every night by Fox News’s prime-time opinion hosts — including an obscure jab at the 1619 Project.”  https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/lachlan-murdoch-architect-fox-news-extremist-turn-may-soon-gain-even-more-power

2020 -- "James Murdoch resigned from the board of News Corp on Friday, citing disagreements over editorial content at the company founded by his father, conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch."  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-news-corp-james-murdoch/james-murdoch-resigns-from-news-corp-board-over-editorial-differences-idUSKCN24W33Q
Gotta give you this one.  You should have attached a National Review article on this. (They had one) I thought the liberal son had taken over and am wrong in this case.  Time must fly.  I still feel Fox is veering left, but time will tell.  Pushing Tucker out will not play well with many of the viewers unless there is much more to the story, and I’ll keep my mind open that there could be.  

My question is, what is not being talked about while everyone is obsessed over a rich, elite, media talking head?

JP Morgan?

Read an article that this is what Fox does, Tucker replaced Bill O'Reilly who replaced Glen Beck.  It's a business model, good rating but there is a red line on advertising revenue.  With the My Pillow Dude about to tank there is pretty sparse advertiser pool right now.  They used an analogy to a motor you just change the pistons, (that would be rings, but look at the subject), when too much smoke is being blown.

He will pop up on Newsmax or OANN

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@IDVikingfan said:

the bulk republicans are not far right Tucker Carlson viewers, despite what CNN and MSNBC tells their viewers,  just as the bulk of the democrats are not far left Don Lemon viewers,  even though the fringe may be running the media outlets for the parties they are pandering to,  the voters are still more moderately leaning and are actually turned off by the fringe elements of their respective parties,  maybe not as much as they are disgusted by the opposing fringe, but the moderates are a much bigger part of both parties,  with the extreme moderates of both parties being who actually decide the major elections in this country.
In spite of the fringe of both parties seemingly the mouthpieces these days, one thing holds true over time;

MOST Americans are not extreme
NO American wants their taxes raised