Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamison Wiliams suspended with 5 others
I guess betting must be ok at Alabama… Wink 

Somewhere Matt Millen is salivating at selecting a WR for the Lions in his next two mock drafts.

He did not bet on the Lions' game.
He did not bet on any NFL game.
He made a bet that was otherwise perfectly fine with the NFL.
The only issue is that he made the bet from the Lions' facility.

And that merits a 6 game suspension? If he had made the bet while he was in church, or at home, or in the Capitol Building, that would have been fine. But he pressed the "Bet Now" button while he was standing (or sitting) on Lions' property. Gasp! (I'm figuratively clutching my pearls.) I wonder if he used one of the sites that partners with the NFL.  

Quote: @dadevike said:

And that merits a 6 game suspension? If he had made the bet while he was in church, or at home, or in the Capitol Building, that would have been fine. But he pressed the "Bet Now" button while he was standing (or sitting) on Lions' property. Gasp! (I'm figuratively clutching my pearls.) I wonder if he used one of the sites that partners with the NFL.  
They all know the rules...he broke one. NFLPA isn't bitching about it so they're obviously good with the rule and punishment. 

Quote: @dadevike said:

The hypocrisy is nothing new but rules are rules

Guess the Kitties wil have to wait for him to build on his 1 catch 3 drop rookie season…  Wink B)