Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings waive Tiny Dantzler
Quote: @"Greylock" said:
Who saw this coming
There's been a buzz about this for a couple weeks. Can't remember who it was though. I think this is more about his off field issues than whatever savings we get from it. Could also be that Flores didn't see him as a good fit for his heavy man scheme. 

That's what I'm thinking, Flores gave a tiny thumbs down...

This one surprises me, but now maybe we are able to bring Peterson back. It's rumored Flores would love to have him back in Minnesota.

Yeah they are shaping the roster into what they want now

What surprises me is the Vikes couldn't get a 7th round draft pick for him.  I believe he goes through waivers now -- I would have thought a team far down the waiver claim list might take a flyer on him for a 7th rounder.  I am guessing the NFL knows more about his personal issues than we do.  Will be interesting to see whether he is claimed.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
What surprises me is the Vikes couldn't get a 7th round draft pick for him.  I believe he goes through waivers now -- I would have thought a team far down the waiver claim list might take a flyer on him for a 7th rounder.  I am guessing the NFL knows more about his personal issues than we do.  Will be interesting to see whether he is claimed.
Hes a dime a dozen player,   plenty of potential,  but doesn't seem to have the mental aspect for the game.  To many instances of him just flat out dropping coverages and leaving guys wide open.  

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
Couldn't stay on the field and towards the end of the season, even get on the field. And that was on the 31st ranked D. I'm kinda not surprised. I was surprised they axed him though.

I think he's a bit of a head case. Cut the cord now.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think he's a bit of a head case. Cut the cord now.

I dont want to say how I know him, but he's a super nice kid. He's really slightly built w/out pads. I was really surprised he was an NFL player.

Most of those players/coaches take up a lot of space lol!  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Count the headlights on the highway, Tiny. 
Just outstanding!