Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the heck is the hold-up?
Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
Fangio taking the job in Miami might mean Evero stays in Denver...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...03616?s=20&t=XWeMOxQV7FYcWeVHgXjklA
I'm a little surprised by this after all the Fangio back to Denver talk with Payton coming on board. I read that Payton was interviewing Evero today to remain the Broncos DC so it's not looking very good at the moment for him joining the Vikings. Assuming Flores gets the Cardinals job, I would say Desai is the pick by Default. I refuse to consider Pettine as a legitimate candidate. 
I think the Vikings are sitting in a rather good spot. All three of Evero, Desai, and Flores are strong candidates. I would put money on Pettine not being the choice, so wouldn't get too worried about that outcome. If that was the choice, why wait? 

Tend to think it may be Desai if Evero won't work out purely because KOC prefers the scheme. But don't want to say that too confidently since Flores has had so many good defenses it may trump scheme. 

We have a crap defense about to lose a bunch of FA's, and only 4 draft picks. If I was a DC candidate interviewing with anyone else I'd view the Vikings as the "if no one else hires me I'll take it" job.

Quote: @RS Express said:
We have a crap defense about to lose a bunch of FA's, and only 4 draft picks. If I was a DC candidate interviewing with anyone else I'd view the Vikings as the "if no one else hires me I'll take it" job.
Or there is such room for improvement that any progress made makes the coach look good and gives the potential to move up. It could be a stepping stone or a challenge someone chooses to accept. It could have someone thinking they could do something to fix it.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

I'm a little surprised by this after all the Fangio back to Denver talk with Payton coming on board. I read that Payton was interviewing Evero today to remain the Broncos DC so it's not looking very good at the moment for him joining the Vikings. Assuming Flores gets the Cardinals job, I would say Desai is the pick by Default. I refuse to consider Pettine as a legitimate candidate. 
I think the Vikings are sitting in a rather good spot. All three of Evero, Desai, and Flores are strong candidates. I would put money on Pettine not being the choice, so wouldn't get too worried about that outcome. If that was the choice, why wait? 

Tend to think it may be Desai if Evero won't work out purely because KOC prefers the scheme. But don't want to say that too confidently since Flores has had so many good defenses it may trump scheme. 
Desai's an interesting dude. One of a growing list of coaches who've never played the game. Political Science and Philosophy major at BU. Masters from Columbia, doctorate from Temple. 

I don't know if he can coach defense but I'd want him on my team on Jeopardy night at TCO. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Desai's an interesting dude. One of a growing list of coaches who've never played the game. Political Science and Philosophy major at BU. Masters from Columbia, doctorate from Temple. 

I don't know if he can coach defense but I'd want him on my team on Jeopardy night at TCO. 
Don't be so hasty to judge a book by its cover,  my HSs debate team used to have some very intense touch football games on the weekends at the park.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Don't be so hasty to judge a book by its cover,  my HSs debate team used to have some very intense touch football games on the weekends at the park.
So, you were an All-Star or at least played as an All-Star?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Brez has a degree in education in addition to his law degree. Some of the people are very well-rounded and have additional skills and experience that are beneficial 

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

So, you were an All-Star or at least played as an All-Star?
I didnt play as I wasnt on the debate team,  and they didnt want actual football players playing,  some of the debate kids didnt handle being two hand touched at full speed very well.... kinda like playing with your little brother and his friends,  it doesnt always end well in the heat of the moment.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Was the touching intense, or the football?

I just want a guy who no matter what, can take what he’s given and adapt. I get the scheme fit, and all that. But, there are guys who are better at getting players to play better and they put them in good positions to perform well. Like, not having Hunter cover guys and not having his DB’s playing off the ball 7-10 yds.

There is always talk of square peg round hole, but what I want is a guy who can make a peg more rounded and fit the guys he’s given into a scheme or a hybrid scheme and just make it work well enough until better players are drafted or brought in through FA.

Which of these guys can do that? That’s who I want.