Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone watch Bengals/Ravens
J.K. Dobbins Calls out Ravens Coaches, Says They Beat Bengals with Lamar JacksonFans weren't the only ones perplexed by some of the Baltimore Ravens' play-calling decisions in Sunday's loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.
Ravens running back J.K. Dobbins lit into the decision to not give him the ball at the goal line in a critical fourth-quarter sequence that saw Tyler Huntley fumble on a quarterback sneak, with Bengals defensive end Sam Hubbard scooping up the ball and taking in 98 yards for what became a game-winning score.
"He should have never been in that situation," Dobbins told reporters of Huntley. "I don't get a single carry. I didn't get a single carry. He should never have been in that situation. I believe I would have put it in the end zone, again."
Setting up with 1st-and-goal at the 2-yard line, the Ravens passed on first down, handed the ball off to Gus Edwards on second and then ran the Huntley sneak from 1 on third down. As Huntley attempted to reach out and stretch the ball across the plane, Bengals defenders ripped it out at the last, allowing Hubbard to break the NFL playoff record for longest return touchdown (98 yards).
"If we'd have had Lamar [Jackson], we'd have won too," Dobbins added.
Jackson missed Sunday's game—his sixth consecutive—as he continues to recover from a PCL sprain.
Huntley was largely solid in Jackson's stead, throwing for 226 yards and two touchdowns while adding 54 yards on the ground. However, both of his turnovers led to Bengals touchdowns in a one-possession game, and he failed to lead the Ravens to a game-tying score on three straight possessions in the fourth quarter after the Baltimore defense got stops.
Dobbins was the Ravens' leading rusher with 62 yards on 13 carries but got only one more attempt than Gus Edwards, who finished with just 39 yards.
"I'm a guy who feels like I should be on the field all the time," Dobbins said. "It's the playoffs. Why am I not out there?"
Dobbins, who missed all of 2021 with a torn ACL, was limited to seven games this season because of ongoing problems with his surgically repaired left knee. He was wildly effective down the stretch after returning from a second procedure on his knee, but it's possible Ravens coaches were understandably wary of giving him a massive workload.
The Ohio State product will be in the final year of his rookie contract during the 2023 season. It'll be interesting to see if his comments create any residual bad blood.
10061837-jk-dobbins-calls-out-ravens-coaches-says-they-beat-bengals-with-lamar-jackson

OSU players never fail to entertain.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Thinking he has one year left on his contract might not matter, he may be a free agent sooner than he thinks. You usually don’t challenge a Harbaugh and get away with it.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
Thinking he has one year left on his contract might not matter, he may be a free agent sooner than he thinks. You usually don’t challenge a Harbaugh and get away with it.
Yeah and it isn't like this is Marshawn Lynch we are talking about.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
That was a very entertaining tough physical game.
BTW, how was a block in the back not called on that fumble return?
Because it wasn't.  He had one hand on the front or side of the shoulder.
I can see what you are saying. So enlighten me on the rule. If you can put a hand on the chest or shoulder, despite being behind the player, it's alright to push them down from behind? Because that is what happened.

heck there were at least 2 blatant blocks in the back not called on Nolan Harrisons int return for TD in Super Bowl vs the Cardinals.  just terrible 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
I believe both hands need to be shoulders or forward,   I know we've taken those calls where only one hand contacts the back.  Besides this was done so blatantly from a trailing position that there is no way that block couldn't have come from behind by the player that contacted him.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
I believe both hands need to be shoulders or forward,   I know we've taken those calls where only one hand contacts the back.  Besides this was done so blatantly from a trailing position that there is no way that block couldn't have come from behind by the player that contacted him.
The blocker was ahead of the would be tackler when he engaged.  Hands started on the front and shoulder.

[Image: bz2pae0mit91.png]

One hand slipped onto his back, but he disengaged as he did but the defender went down.

So yes, there was a small push in his back, but the defender had already been engaged from the front and was falling down.  A good no call by the ref.
[Image: wszp7nmt5nim.png][Image: 6mb46urybfiv.png]

You can see it from the front angle as well.  89 leans into the blocker as he engages and loses his balance as a result of the block.  He is already off balance and falling as the hand goes to his back.