Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad, but very probably the truth.....
Quote: @StickyBun said:
He'll be missed. The hard part of NFL business. This is Adam's wife's Instagram account:

[Image: h9vw0oj91dca1.jpg]
AT is a lot like BRob in my opinion. had a great run here and ring of honor potential. He’s still our 2nd best WR, but we need an upgrade that is not currently on the roster. Hopefully Nailor can help of we dont have capital for a #2 somehow.  

This upcomong draft and FA should be all about the D imo. 

He has been a great asset to the team and community. Wish him well with whatever comes next 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
He has been a great asset to the team and community. Wish him well with whatever comes next 
Totally agree. Class act and he and his wife have done so much for the community.

I think he could still be that 700-900 yard receiver on many teams for another few years, but his current salary is beyond his worth.  The vikings offense just doesn't value their second and third receivers, so I dont think you could bring in anyone better than Thielen, as they're going to know that they're not really going to be able to shine as all the plays are designed to maximize Jeffersons output.  Your best option would be drafting a guy, but do you really want to draft a top receiver when you're about to unload all the good players from your defense that was the main problem this year?

He's a slot guy who should be making $5M per year.  He would really shine in that position especially if we draft Jameson Will . . . I mean Christian Wat. . . if we add a legit deep threat.

I don't want Adam to go

I am thinking they get another receiver next year, not sure if it is through the draft 

Heard an interview with AT yesterday,  he doesn't sound like a guy contemplating retirement to me.  He's convinced he can still play at a high level and if it isn't in Minny,  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in another jersey next fall.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Heard an interview with AT yesterday,  he doesn't sound like a guy contemplating retirement to me.  He's convinced he can still play at a high level and if it isn't in Minny,  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in another jersey next fall.
Yeah, he's not done. He's probably done as a WR2, but he'll catch on with someone and probably contribute quite a bit for at least one more year, if not two. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
He's a slot guy who should be making $5M per year.  He would really shine in that position especially if we draft Jameson Will . . . I mean Christian Wat. . . if we add a legit deep threat.

I don't want Adam to go
As a post-June 1 cut, AT would count $6.55M against our salary cap. So the Vikes can offer him this much and if he takes it we basically get him for free (since it's not money coming out of my pocket and I don't care what the Wilfs have to spend). Offer him $8M to sweeten the deal. If that won't do it, then part ways and AT ends his career elsewhere.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@Skodin said:

I don't want Adam to go
As a post-June 1 cut, AT would count $6.55M against our salary cap. So the Vikes can offer him this much and if he takes it we basically get him for free (since it's not money coming out of my pocket and I don't care what the Wilfs have to spend). Offer him $8M to sweeten the deal. If that won't do it, then part ways and AT ends his career elsewhere.
If you are saying a 6.5 hit amd he stays thats him playing for nothing since most of that hit would be prorated signing bonus from his current deal,  ie: money he already has.  At 8 he would be playing for 1.5 million is all.