Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Bowl voting
Fans shouldn't be allowed to vote for the Pro Bowl. The game itself has been a joke for years, but it still has contractual implications for some, so it shouldn't be determined largely by knuckleheads in their parents basement voting for every player on his favorite team. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Fans shouldn't be allowed to vote for the Pro Bowl. The game itself has been a joke for years, but it still has contractual implications for some, so it shouldn't be determined largely by knuckleheads in their parents basement voting for every player on his favorite team. 
Totally agree. Its just stupid now (the voting) and the game itself is ridiculous and has been for YEARS. Put this stupid thing out of its misery. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Totally agree. Its just stupid now (the voting) and the game itself is ridiculous and has been for YEARS. Put this stupid thing out of its misery. 
Pro Bowl is ridiculous. I guess it's only real value is as a contract negotiation tool.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Someone explain to me why TJH is a pro-bowl caliber player to-date this year? 

Admittedly I haven't looked at his stats vs other TE's across the league. 

I think the locks should be:
JJ
Darrisaw (if he comes back this year)
Z

All Pro is much more meaningful imo vs Pro Bowler. 
Hock migh be leading Pro Bowl votes because he is leading all NFC TE in Catches, Yards, and TDs. 

I dunno though. stats dont matter i guess. only the gut instinct of Vikings fans to trash the team even if subtly by discounting having the top TE in NFC matters.  same energy as fans/pundits with us at 9-2 down playing our record or power rankings to teams wth worse records. its funny. oh no mike white and the jets are coming!

he is also top 3 in NFL in all those stats for TE. he is 3rd in espn fantasy football pts for TE. that probbaly helps. 

They need to revamp the entire thing to noncontact talent drills and or odd ball games like volleyball or something weird it would yield better results

Quote: @AGRforever said:
They need to revamp the entire thing to noncontact talent drills and or odd ball games like volleyball or something weird it would yield better results
Bring back / update the Superstars / Superteams competition.  I used to love watching that...particularly the tug of war and the obstacle course.  As AGR said, maybe update it with some wacky games like Dodgeball.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Isn't that what it currently is?  There is no probowl game IIRC.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Someone explain to me why TJH is a pro-bowl caliber player to-date this year? 
It is not by coincidence that the offense looks much better since he arrived.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Oh great! Now you're going to expect me to show an ID before I vote.  :p