Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: TJ Hockenson to the VIkings
Wow, this is a great move by the Vikes. TJ should do great in this offense. 

Hockenson, 25, was the Lions' eighth overall selection in the 2019 draft. He was enjoying a solid fourth year with 26 receptions for 395 yards and three touchdowns. The yards and touchdowns ranked fifth and sixth among all tight ends, respectively.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Wow, that came out of left field. But with ISJ hurt AGAIN, it makes some sense. I don't think Hockenson has quite lived up to his draft position, but he hasn't had much to work with either. 

Not many players have lived up to their draft position in the motor city. I agree, I wouldn't have ever seen this coming. 

TE has been a problem this year. Irv Smith was supposed to have his breakout year, but he's already on his second injury of the year and the production hasn't been there. I really liked Hockenson coming out of Iowa and while he hasn't been the dominant player that I thought he could be, he's still been a good player. I thought we were going to try to add a deep threat, but upgrading at TE is another way to capitalize on all the attention that Jefferson is drawing.

Woohoo! Kind of pricey with the pick but give me this move all day versus the Herndon deal. Kwesi really does not value the draft and picks the same way Rick did it seems like. And that’s fine, whatever works!

Alright Kirk you got the coach, the OL, and the weapons. Now let’s get the ring!

And this guy looks like an actual Viking - looks like the guy just walked off the set of filming the series VIKINGS.  Scraggly beard, long hair - perfect! LOL!

Wow. This is crazy.

Are we a NFC contender??!!??

Why would the Lions do this deal? How would he not be in their future rebuild?

Don’t stay up for the first round draft in 23 I say there’s 100% chance that will trade that number one for more picks. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Why would the Lions do this deal? How would he not be in their future rebuild?
C'mon they are the Lions.