Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Guilty?
lol, this was a misdemeanor offense regardless so yeah...lets throw OJ in there. Apples for apples. (eye roll).

No guilty until proven innocent then? 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Someone called them in for some reason, that's all I am saying. Might have been a misunderstanding or  even about someone other than Oli. I have worked in bars and hung out in bars, cops don't just arbitrarily come in and arrest people. At least not where I have worked and hung out. 
Sounds like the police weren't involved until he was later arrested outside. Inside the bar was an off-duty officer and club security. And since the "victim" said nothing happened, I'm betting it was a misunderstanding by security, who tend to panic and overreact when dealing with 6-6, 330 lb humans who are probably not real happy about being confronted or restrained for no reason. Just a hunch.

But he could've chopped her head off too and escaped down the 91 in a Bronco with a gun to his head. It's just too early to say. 

For me, the first issue here is that Oli seems to have been arrested for resisting without violence.  The woman's statement that he was not aggressive with her does not really speak to that. However, if the police had no valid reason to arrest him, does it matter that he resisted?  I'll let a criminal defense lawyer address that.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
OJ was found not guilty. 

Or Roethlisberger, seems more appropriate.  Why you choose OJ?

little was know about roethlisberger case and his guilt/innocence.   i think most people alive in the 80s would agree that the OJ trial was about the biggest "holy shit they found him innocent"  testaments to how the legal facts dont necessarily provide the best picture of justice.  We dont know shit about this case and simply because somebody said he did or didnt ( especially if its his lawyer) or the fact that its a pro athlete ( pay offs and NDAs tend to happen ) should be any indication of guilty or not.

unless there is body cam evidence to support his resisting arrest charge... this likely is probation and community service at the most,  but like others have said... he a reserve that hasnt really shown much upside so its really not much of a story,  especially since his charges are so minor.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
OJ was found not guilty. 

little was know about roethlisberger case and his guilt/innocence.   i think most people alive in the 80s would agree that the OJ trial was about the biggest "holy shit they found him innocent"  testaments to how the legal facts dont necessarily provide the best picture of justice.  We dont know shit about this case and simply because somebody said he did or didnt ( especially if its his lawyer) or the fact that its a pro athlete ( pay offs and NDAs tend to happen ) should be any indication of guilty or not.

unless there is body cam evidence to support his resisting arrest charge... this likely is probation and community service at the most,  but like others have said... he a reserve that hasnt really shown much upside so its really not much of a story,  especially since his charges are so minor.

Exactly, so why the OJ remark?

The OJ trial and his acquittal was one the biggest, if not the biggest, legal circuses this country has ever seen. I worked just down the road from where that trial took place, total insanity. My opinion, the world saw what having the best defense team money can buy plus a few major blunders by the prosecution can lead to. 

Comparing the OJ situation to any other legal issue is folly in my opinion. Doubt we will ever something that compares again.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
OJ was found not guilty. 

because its likely the most widely known legal mess that shows the fallacy of guilt or innocence in our legal system.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
The OJ trial and his acquittal was one the biggest, if not the biggest, legal circuses this country has ever seen. I worked just down the road from where that trial took place, total insanity. My opinion, the world saw what having the best defense team money can buy plus a few major blunders by the prosecution can lead to. 

Comparing the OJ situation to any other legal issue is folly in my opinion. Doubt we will ever something that compares again.
thats exactly what he was doing... making a joke.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
lol, this was a misdemeanor offense regardless so yeah...lets throw OJ in there. Apples for apples. (eye roll).

No guilty until proven innocent then? 
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
OJ was found not guilty. 

Lighten up Francis’s. it was a joke. 

FREE OLI…!!!  B)