Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They ain't the prettiest...but
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
They're making enough plays to win...

Just win baby!

5/1 is great, there are some tough stretches in that remaining 11 games, but I am hopeful. 

I'm happy as a Vike fan so far this season. Been a while since I could say that. 
SKOL - pf!

I’ll tell you what, the team overcame one helluva home field advantage today…!
[Image: 0eku1vas5ax3.jpeg]

Quote: @Kentis said:

Love that KOC had them wearing sweats and practicing with the heat turned up to get ready for it.  

It was so damn smart to buy the fans, awnings and cooling benches. Great preparation.

before the game this was my main concern / that the heat and humidity would really be a factor for our guys.  like playing in a sauna

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Kentis said:

Love that KOC had them wearing sweats and practicing with the heat turned up to get ready for it.  
Quote: @JR44 said:
@Kentis said:

wow, i hd no idea he did that ....when was the last coach we had with a brain? 

I’ll take the win—ugly or whatever.  But it felt like the Vikings didn’t so much win the game as the Dolphins lost it.  They turned the ball over 3 times and shot themselves in the foot repeatedly with penalties.  Our Defense is winning the turnover ratios but still allowing too many chunk plays. That zone defense is so soft and why were we not blitzing more against a 3rd string QB? I don’t get some of our decisions on defense. But I gotta say the players themselves do come up with some great individual efforts.

thing that pisses me off is ok, i understand the visitors in the sun stuff, thats home field advantage.  however, fans and misters, other cooling procedures should be in place on Both sidelines.  hope the NFLPA mandates shade, fans etc in situations like this.

we know the dolphins organization doesnt care about their players, but their neglect is bordering on dangerous.  enough

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
I’ll take the win—ugly or whatever.  But it felt like the Vikings didn’t so much win the game as the Dolphins lost it.  They turned the ball over 3 times and shot themselves in the foot repeatedly with penalties.  Our Defense is winning the turnover ratios but still allowing too many chunk plays. That zone defense is so soft and why were we not blitzing more against a 3rd string QB? I don’t get some of our decisions on defense. But I gotta say the players themselves do come up with some great individual efforts.
I respectfully disagree...

To paraphrase from another poster "the difference in athleticism across teams (for the most part) is miniscule."

Not like the 70's or even 80's. 

The team with the best game plan? Best adjustments? Makes the fewest mistakes? Wins on Sunday.  

Vikings won that game fair and square & have no apologies to make. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
But hey at least the Vikings are not doing the losing. There is not as much woulda, shoulda, coulda or what if. They are not having a lot of penalties. They are making mistakes but there are some adjustments. Luck is working in the Vikings favor, imagine that? They are 5 and 1, I'm down with that. Still work to do but in a much better position to do it.