Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to go Jefferson
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@VikingOracle said:
@ThunderGod said:
Boy, I feel old. Recognized Alworth immediately. 
Same.  Would have been much better known if he hadn't chosen to play for the Chargers.

He was actually one  of the best known players in the game at the time. 
I also confuse him with Lance Rentzel -- who was the more infamous and memorable Lance and played entirely in the NFL.  I am not old enough to remember the AFL until Chiefs - Vikings.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@1VikesFan said:
@VikingOracle said:
@ThunderGod said:
Boy, I feel old. Recognized Alworth immediately. 
Same.  Would have been much better known if he hadn't chosen to play for the Chargers.

He was actually one  of the best known players in the game at the time. 
I also confuse him with Lance Rentzel -- who was the more infamous and memorable Lance and played entirely in the NFL.  I am not old enough to remember the AFL until Chiefs - Vikings.
Yeah a lot of people confuse the two. Alworth played from '62 through the early '70's. His nickname was Bambi because he was really graceful and deceptively fast.

Its funny, during the same time period, I recall the 2 Gene Washingtons -- both Pro Bowlers in the same year.

Yep, Vikings and Niners

JJ gets open.....all the time. Encouraging to see Irv Smith step up with some big catches yesterday, will help open up the offense even more.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
What the hell is a Lance Alworth?

Glad for JJ but if they lost today? I could have cared less about his stats...
Had to look him up as well. He made the HoF. played 60s to 70s

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlwoLa00.htm
He played for Don Coryell one of the first truly innovative offensive coaches in the game.
I'm old enough to remember Air Coryell - back when it was Dan Fouts/Joiner and Winslow

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@purplefaithful said:

But they didn't lose, so why even bother going there?
Because there is some narcissism with JJ that rubs me the wrong way at times...

I suspect its WR Diva + Youth 

It's all good..We're lucky to have him and his team-mates and coaches seem to like him a lot too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:

He played for Don Coryell one of the first truly innovative offensive coaches in the game.
I'm old enough to remember Air Coryell - back when it was Dan Fouts/Joiner and Winslow

One of the greatest games ever was that San Diego/Miami OT game in the playoffs. I’ve never seen a more exciting game. Both teams left it all on the field that day. Kellen Winslow was helped off the field with a towel over his head looking completely exhausted. It was a shame one team actually had to lose.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:

One of the greatest games ever was that San Diego/Miami OT game in the playoffs. I’ve never seen a more exciting game. Both teams left it all on the field that day. Kellen Winslow was helped off the field with a towel over his head looking completely exhausted. It was a shame one team actually had to lose.

I remember watching that game too! 

One for the ages...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@bigbone62 said:
@purplefaithful said:

But they didn't lose, so why even bother going there?
Because there is some narcissism with JJ that rubs me the wrong way at times...

I suspect its WR Diva + Youth 

It's all good..We're lucky to have him and his team-mates and coaches seem to like him a lot too. 

I mean he is 23 years old. He is starting to come into his own. Think back to yourself at that age, were you kind of feeling like you were hot shit? It is kind of common in your 20's.