Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone chatting?
Play calling doesn't seem to build off success very often.  We'd do something positive and then go back to a Cook run that would get stuffed for shit.  Never really kept the pressure on the saints coverage.   Cousins is still locking onto targets to early,   that pick was a perfect example,  he never tried to move the S at all and threw it anyway. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
the Oline once again is garbage and this defense is pathetically bad
Kirk is a literal statue who was locking on the first read for most of the game. That doesn’t make it easy on an OL. Ingram did blow some blocks I saw but overall the OL was fine I thought. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
Kirk is a literal statue who was locking on the first read for most of the game. That doesn’t make it easy on an OL. Ingram did blow some blocks I saw but overall the OL was fine I thought. 
The OL had some serious issues,  but KC does them no favors,   he stepped into pressure and for the love of God does he not see the easy runs that teams are daring him to take.  About every pass they would launch their DEs upfield and then loop one guard back around into the hole where Bradbury was supposed to be and Kirk never once took off into that hole making them pay for dropping their LBs.  His play isn't doing his passing game or linemen any favors at all.  He's no running threat,  but that doesn't mean he still doesn't need to use his feet once in a while to keep defenses honest.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
The OL had some serious issues,  but KC does them no favors,   he stepped into pressure and for the love of God does he not see the easy runs that teams are daring him to take.  About every pass they would launch their DEs upfield and then loop one guard back around into the hole where Bradbury was supposed to be and Kirk never once took off into that hole making them pay for dropping their LBs.  His play isn't doing his passing game or linemen any favors at all.  He's no running threat,  but that doesn't mean he still doesn't need to use his feet once in a while to keep defenses honest.
Yep. He’s by no means fast but he’s also not slow either. It would help our team so much if he could scamper once in a while when it’s readily available, it’s just not in his nature. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
Yep. He’s by no means fast but he’s also not slow either. It would help our team so much if he could scamper once in a while when it’s readily available, it’s just not in his nature. 
Its really keeping this O from going to the next level.   His unwillingness to run and even move around the pocket is making everything harder for the whole unit. 

What I find strange about the play calling is why he isn’t rolling out more, doing more play action and throwing on the run.  That’s what he does best.  A 7 step drop and then holding the ball is asking a lot of the OL. At least our OL. 

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
What I find strange about the play calling is why he isn’t rolling out more, doing more play action and throwing on the run.  That’s what he does best.  A 7 step drop and then holding the ball is asking a lot of the OL. At least our OL. 
The lack of play action is whats driving me nuts. Especially on first down and short yardage 2nd downs.