Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favre getting vilified....and well deserved
Do I get to claim a tax loss on my Viking Bert signed stuff?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Olde Bert - cementing his place in historical lore as just a great person who's made good decisions for all the right reasons.

Slap on the asz and throw some TD's, woo hoo kinda guy! Pants on the ground!! 
likely not a whole lot of big celebs that would actually pass a smell test if held up for public scrutiny.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
I don't think this is gonna blow over.

The govenor has been in other shady deals,  going off of what he said in his texts.

[Image: FckoF3eaUAEYOHt?format=jpg&name=large]
lets hope

This isn't just about the money Favre knowingly stole it was a whole scheme that involved many greedy and corrupt people.  DiBiase is a former WWE wrestler who open up a ministry (tax free of course).

Nancy New and her son stole funds to create a non-profit school that profited only them with huge salaries. 

Favre is the big name and it is beyond me why he would pay back the fine but not the interest and then get caught up in this years later.  But then you have his phone conversation where he outright asks if he will be caught.  He is a greedy good ole boy stealing our tax dollars that go into the poorest states welfare fund.  He stole from all of us because that is federal tax money.
Favre is scumbag IMO.  

DiBiase and his sons owe millions after embezzlement scandal

Cain A. Knight - Oct 14, 2021
An investigation of illegally spent welfare funds has resulted in the DiBiase family being ordered to repay millions of dollars to the state of Mississippi.
[Image: AAPwA88.img?w=768&h=432&m=6&x=395&y=491&s=73&d=73]
DiBiase and his sons owe millions after embezzlement scandal
More than 77 million dollars that was intended to assist needy families in Mississippi was instead illegally spent or misappropriated in an embezzlement scheme. Mississippi State Auditor Shad White said it’s time for Ted DiBiase, two of his sons, NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, and many others to pay back their share of the misused money.
The exact amount of money owed by Ted DiBiase and his sons is included in bold in the excerpt below from a press release by White’s office:
Quote:“The Auditor’s office issued a demand to [former Department of Human Services Executive Director John Davis] for $96.313 million – which includes interest – for his role authorizing over $77 million in illegal TANF spending.
Two nonprofits, the Mississippi Community Education Center (MCEC) and the Family Resource Center (FRC), either misspent or improperly dispersed portions of that $77 million, meaning the money was ultimately misspent by a vendor to the nonprofit. As a result, the board and leadership of MCEC (Nancy New, Zach New, Jess New, Brian Bledsoe, Susan Floyd, Virgil “Buddy” Strickland, and Beth Purifoy) were served with a demand for $68.159 million. FRC’s board and leadership (Christy Webb, Jerry Bailey, Debbie Pickens, Jimmy Pappas, Amanda Angle, and Steven Blaylock) were served with a demand for $15.549 million.
Auditors issued additional demands to vendors who received part of the $77 million in welfare spending but did not completely fulfill the terms of their contracts:

• Austin Smith: $378,791
• Brett Dibiase: $225,950

• Favre Enterprises, along with Brett Favre and Robert Culumber: $828,000

• Heart of David Ministries, controlled by Ted Dibiase, Sr.: $722,299

• JTS Enterprises and Transformational Ventures, controlled by Brian Jeff Smith: $674,715

• The Marcus Dupree Foundation, controlled by Marcus Dupree: $789,534

• Nancy New: $2,589 (for payments received from FRC)

• NCC Ventures, controlled by Nicholas Coughlin: $237,915

• Ted Dibiase, Jr.: $3.903 million

• Warren Washington Issaquena Sharkey Community Action Agency, along with agency leaders Jan Vaughn, Jannis Williams, Janice Jelks, and Delinda Robinson: $75,261

• Zach New: $74,118 (for payments received from FRC)

Former DHS Deputy Director Jacob Black was also served with a demand for $1,824 for unallowable first-class air travel.

These board members, nonprofit executives, and individuals are liable jointly and severally for the demands. This means the individuals share responsibility for repaying portions of the total amount with John Davis.
If the demanded amounts are not repaid within 30 days, the Attorney General’s Office is responsible for enforcing the demands in court. These demands are civil in nature, not criminal. A civil demand does not imply criminal liability.”

Maybe I am in the minority but I just don't care. Unfortunately shit like this goes down all the time. Only reason anyone is aware of it is because it's Favre.

Now, back to football I go. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Maybe I am in the minority but I just don't care. Unfortunately shit like this goes down all the time. Only reason anyone is aware of it is because it's Favre.

sadly,  I think that is exactly how we are being conditioned to respond,  of course its only an outrage when we are told to be outraged,  I think most people know its going on way way more than the media reports on, but by hitting us with the small fries like this,  when its the bigger fish we wont be storming the gates with flaming torches and pitchforks,  by then we will all be ...meh, business as usual.  Look at the epstein book matter,  its upsetting to most people that there has been nothing done to the names that surely came out,  but how many people will make a statement on such in the election booth,  or bring it up at a candidates campaign stops?

Quote: @greediron said:
@medaille said:
@VikingOracle said:
@medaille said:
I guess I don’t get the handwringing and why it’s hyperfocused
on this one instance.  This is what
government is.  It’s special people
taking our money to use for their projects. 
Is this shady and immoral? 
Obviously, yes.  Is this standard
practice for like every politician?  Also
yes.  For a world that only reads headlines,
the conclusion is that Favre is a bad person, but the moral of the story isn’t
that Favre sucks, it’s that politics needs to be fixed to stop this type of
corruption.
Well, one way to clean up politics is to hyper-focus on every instance where a politician/"special person" is actually caught with his hand in the cookie jaw -- prosecute them to the full extent of the law, punish them to the full extent of the law, don't pardon them and don't re-elect them.   Until we hold our politicians (of both parties) to the same rule of law that we apply to our regular citizens, we won't be deterring future politicians from serving their own self-interest over that of the people who elect them.
I don’t disagree, we definitely should prosecute them for
the crimes they commit, but I also think there’s this thing that happens where the
media hyper-focuses on one instance, and everyone puts blinders on and just
pretends it’s the only instance, rather than evidence that we need a deeper
broader investigation.  Just look at
Epstein/Maxwell.  They’re a cog in big
trafficking ring.  The FBI took all the dvd
evidence of who the johns were and what they did to the kids and hid it from
view.  Does anyone feel like the johns
are being investigated and prosecuted?  I
don’t.  One person takes the fall, and everyone
else is protected.

Exactly.  Yes we need to hyper focus on the politicians, but too often they just skate by and are re-elected.  And as you say, the blinders on the FBI when it comes to certain people is just mind blowing.
IMO the politicians should have their own set of rules,  they should be held to higher standards and the penalties for violating those standards should be more severe....maybe then you would have people running for office that are more likely to be doing so for the right reasons and be less likely to be getting involved with this kind of shit.  its insane we have all come to live with as "acceptable"  behavior or actions from those that have been given the power to create the rules for the rest of us.

Favre is like Robin Hood: he steals from the poor and gives to the rich. ... No, wait. That doesn't sound right.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:

I don't think your in the minority of not caring but this kind of rip-off scheme and the amount does not go down all the time.  We all comment on the welfare queen who rips off the system for a hundred/thousand's maybe but man this is 77 million welfare/federal tax dollars that a bunch of millionaires had their hand out for.  Favre is the Wefare King!

Quote: @minny65 said:
@1VikesFan said:

I don't think your in the minority of not caring but this kind of rip-off scheme and the amount does not go down all the time.  We all comment on the welfare queen who rips off the system for a hundred/thousand's maybe but man this is 77 million welfare/federal tax dollars that a bunch of millionaires had their hand out for.  Favre is the Wefare King!
in fairness... yes Favre somehow put his hand out for that money,  but it wasnt for himself,  he wasnt getting rich off the fraud as many do,  it went to build a volleyball arena. wrong yes,  but hardly to the level of many others that are using it to line their own pockets.  its still wrong and as such deserves the punishments that go along with it,  but 7 million or 77 million is still a drop in the bucket of the fraud that is taking place at the expense of the US tax payer.

personally I would like to see the audits of every nickel of tax dollars that gets sent to foreign countries for "aid" of any kind.  I want to see how much of that ends up going to what its supposed to go to and not being funneled back to special interest foundations.  especially when you are sending aid to countries to buy shit that could be produced right here in the US,  why not put Americans to work building, growing, raising or whatever... the products that our tax dollars are supposed to be procuring for these overseas interests.