Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the Bills trade Diggs for JJ? Or Vikings JJ for Diggs?
Jefferson is the better player right now.  So no, I wouldn't make that trade. 

people take digs at Diggs for wanting off the team. I said it at the time, he wanted no part of the shit show at the head coaching position. Zimmer was what was holding this team back. Now we will see where KOC takes us. Hopefully it is to better places.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
people take digs at Diggs for wanting off the team. I said it at the time, he wanted no part of the shit show at the head coaching position. Zimmer was what was holding this team back. Now we will see where KOC takes us. Hopefully it is to better places.
Yep, Diggs knew they weren't going anywhere with Zimmer.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:

I'll give JJ props for not trying to leave during Zimmer's last two years, the worst two years of Zimmer ball.  JJ is a better, more impactful receiver than Diggs today at a lower cost.  I see no advantage for bringing back Diggs in this hypothetical situation.  Diggs is happy with his decision to go to Buffalo and I'm not so sure that he was a Kirk Cousins fan.  I believe he would choose Josh Allen over Kirk.  JMO.

I think Diggs would choose Diggs over any situation.  He left because he didn't want to share the spotlight.  He wanted to be the #1 WR.  

So he wouldn't come back anyway as JJ is better and Diggs would be #2 again.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I think Diggs would choose Diggs over any situation.  He left because he didn't want to share the spotlight.  He wanted to be the #1 WR.  

So he wouldn't come back anyway as JJ is better and Diggs would be #2 again.
I don't agree with this. He wanted out because he hated Kirk and didn't like the Zimmer lead team. Him and Adam were fine. It was Kirk. I wouldn't say JJ is better either. They are both elite receivers that are essential to their teams. Also, Diggs was absolutely the #1 over Adam in MN. 

Diggs was one of our most successful draft picks ever when you consider where he was picked, what he did for the franchise and what we got in return for him, which ended up being JJ.  He played with a lot of passion and commitment which was something that had been missing from the teams he played on.  No coincidence he forced his trade after the Cousins extension as he didn't think he was being utilized properly and that it was not going to get any better in the current offense.  He went to Buffalo and to a much more open passing offense and he proved he was right as he was arguably the best WR in the NFL that season.  He continues to thrive in Buffalo and was on the verge of a Super Bowl last year if his defense could have held for 13 seconds.

It is one of the few trades in which both teams won, the Bills are a team I root for as long as they are not playing the Vikes, so I am ecstatic in the way it turned out.  They are both elite players and I do not feel the need to compare the two, but to just respect and admire what they are both doing with their game.  Diggs will always have a special place for me as the underdog 5th round pick who made it big time and who made the greatest play in Viking history.