Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really dont know what we've got or what we'll see vs Pack...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
ITs a tough one and I can see both sides to it...

If I HAVE TO CHOOSE JUST ONE? I'm probably more in Maroons camp; I dont risk playing my starters against 2nd stringers/bubble players/scrubs trying to make an NFL roster. 

They are getting plenty of reps in our own camp as well as scrimmages vs 49'ers. 
Last year's team had plenty of reps in our own camp and scrimmages with another team but the team started very slow.  I am hoping for the best for the 2022 team but I would not be surprised if history repeated itself.  New players, new O & D systems, new coaches, and new play caller make it easier to expect a slow start but obviously we all are hoping for a good start and successful season.  Go vikes!
Their first 2 games are really, really tough draws....Ive said it before - I'd be ok with 1/1 heading to London. 
I'll predict 2-1 since London is in Week 4. 

Preseason games are meaningless, what you see come opening day will have literally zero to do with what you've been watching the last couple weeks.

What we've got or what will we see, will be better answered toward the end of the season. But we will get a glimpse into the big question. Were the Wilf's assumptions correct, with regard to not needing a rebuild? Or was tripling down, and spending more money on  Cousins at the expense of a bottom up rebuild a mistake?
I don't expect it to happen, but if this thing goes sideways, there is nobody else to blame!

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
What we've got or what will we see, will be better answered toward the end of the season. But we will get a glimpse into the big question. Were the Wilf's assumptions correct, with regard to not needing a rebuild? Or was tripling down, and spending more money on  Cousins at the expense of a bottom up rebuild a mistake?
I don't expect it to happen, but if this thing goes sideways, there is nobody else to blame!
you’re probably right.  The big questions are about the decisions made at QB, coach, and GM and we wont know ar least until the end of the season.  Those are the long term changes that will effect this team for the coming years.

I was drinking the kool-aid a few weeks ago but now I’m not so sure. GB has been a very good team the past few years, unfortunately. We’ve beaten them a good amount which has been nice, but at the end of the year they’re still playing when we aren’t. As for this first game, I’m starting to get the bad feeling they might bash our heads in.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I was drinking the kool-aid a few weeks ago but now I’m not so sure. GB has been a very good team the past few years, unfortunately. We’ve beaten them a good amount which has been nice, but at the end of the year they’re still playing when we aren’t. As for this first game, I’m starting to get the bad feeling they might bash our heads in.
I agree, our defense is practicing against Mond and Mannion...  Not exactly the same caliber QB as Rodgers who always seems to find weaknesses in our defense.  It will be new to him but he's savvy...  Gonna have to rush him hard and disrupt his game by getting Erin's jersey dirty...

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I don't know about this.

First game, at home, vs your rivals that you know (Petite is on our staff now), with a new coaching staff GB doesn't have too much intel especially offensively.  

We beat them last year with a seasoned yet uninspiring coaching staff, lesser weapons, lesser OL, lesser defense.

Seems like a prime candidate for an upset and a Minnesota win.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@pattersaur said:
I don't know about this.

First game, at home, vs your rivals that you know (Petite is on our staff now), with a new coaching staff GB doesn't have too much intel especially offensively.  

We beat them last year with a seasoned yet uninspiring coaching staff, lesser weapons, lesser OL, lesser defense.

I’d be down! Hope you’re right. I think Dalvin and JJ are in for big years I’m just starting to worry that things will take time to gel. Week 1 against a 13 win team is tough for anyone. USB will be rocking though, which helps. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
@pattersaur said:
I don't know about this.

Pass me a glass of the purple concoction you're drinking.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Skodin said:
@pattersaur said:
I don't know about this.

Pass me a glass of the purple concoction you're drinking.
THAT'S Kook-aid drinking? Hell, I don't even think it would be an upset.