Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TY McGill
Maybe this guy can be our new "Tom Johnson"...  journeyman DT that is a bit undersized but can rush the passer...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Maybe this guy can be our new "Tom Johnson"...  journeyman DT that is a bit undersized but can rush the passer...
THIS^^^^^^

Quote: @AGRforever said:
You can't have a guy dominate the preseason like this guy and not give him a spot on the 53 can you?  Even if he's a jorneyman.
Well people get fooled into thinking preseason games have a big impact on roster construction but practice has more impact.  Dominating against guys who are 54-90 on the depth chart, i.e. won't be on the roster come September (a handful will make the PS though) just isn't the big deal fans think it is.  It's more a product of social media hype and the need for entertainment than anything else.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@AGRforever said:
You can't have a guy dominate the preseason like this guy and not give him a spot on the 53 can you?  Even if he's a jorneyman.
Well people get fooled into thinking preseason games have a big impact on roster construction but practice has more impact.  Dominating against guys who are 54-90 on the depth chart, i.e. won't be on the roster come September (a handful will make the PS though) just isn't the big deal fans think it is.  It's more a product of social media hype and the need for entertainment than anything else.
remember dont shoot the messenger... but Audi Cole wanted me to tell you to "fuck off"

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@comet52 said:
@AGRforever said:
remember dont shoot the messenger... but Audi Cole wanted me to tell you to "fuck off"
OMG Audi Cole!   =)

Defensive lineman T.Y. McGill, who'd posted 3 1⁄2 sacks in the Vikings' first two preseason games, sprained his right ankle and could miss 1-2 weeks, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. 
The 29-year-old is batting for a spot on the Vikings' 53-man roster after an impressive preseason, and could be ready for the team's regular-season opener against Green Bay on Sept. 11 if he recovers quickly from the ankle injury
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-wr-b...600201848/

I want to see TY make this squad. I love his attitude and I agree with Wet. He’s like Tom Johnson, another favorite of mine.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Released.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...0469248003
Really?! 

That kinda blows me away, they need DL depth

Kind of surprised by this. I thought he'd be a backup on the 53, shows what I know.