Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new starting right OG
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Joey Bosa took it to Darrisaw today so the line ain't perfect. But should be better than last year. 
One of those plays was against the TE, so that is on the OC.  Bosa will be good experience for the youngster.

From what little I have seen from Jesse Davis, there had better be another option.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Joey Bosa took it to Darrisaw today so the line ain't perfect. But should be better than last year. 
One of those plays was against the TE, so that is on the OC.  Bosa will be good experience for the youngster.
Yah I heard that about Bosa on KFAN..

He's going to make many a LT not look so good.

Not to make excuses, but Darrisaw is still so new in the league, didnt get a full year 1.

For Darrisaw, scrimmages against Bosa and more practicing weekly against Z and DH should make him a better player - or a scared one lol! 

Re watched most of the game last night and concentrated on the interior line. I don't think Ingram lost a single snap. The center got trucked on a goal line run play up the middle but Otherwise looked pretty good. 68 looked pretty good at L guard, but not as good as Ingram. It's only one preseason game, but it's encouraging to see the coaching staff elevate the better player to starter. Something rarely seen in the Zimmer/Spielman era.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Re watched most of the game last night and concentrated on the interior line. I don't think Ingram lost a single snap. The center got trucked on a goal line run play up the middle but Otherwise looked pretty good. 68 looked pretty good at L guard, but not as good as Ingram. It's only one preseason game, but it's encouraging to see the coaching staff elevate the better player to starter. Something rarely seen in the Zimmer/Spielman era.
Yep. But every year, a handful of teams in the NFL end up starting rookie OGs. Why not the Vikings if it's warranted? Like you, I'm encouraged the staff has nurtured Ingram's aptitude and putting the coaching into his game quickly. 

Vikings rookie Ed Ingram could be in the starting lineup in Week 1 of the regular season, but for now he still has plenty to learn.

Ingram got his first preseason start at right guard in Saturday’s 17-7 loss to San Francisco at U.S. Bank Stadium. Jesse Davis, who is listed as first on the depth chart and started the first exhibition Aug. 14 at Las Vegas, was rested along with just about every other Minnesota starter, but Ingram had worked with the first team during joint practices Wednesday and Thursday with the 49ers.
Ingram, a second-round pick from LSU, had a Pro Football Focus grade of 69.9, which was decent but not great. Ingram, who played 34 of the 52 offensive snaps, was hampered by giving up a first-quarter sack to 49ers linebacker Javon Kinlaw.
“I felt like I played very physical,’’ Ingram said of his performance. “I knew my assignments. I got beat on one inside move, which ended up in them having a sack. … I overset it and he just got me. So it was just bad offense on me, and that’s something I need to work on.”

Still, Ingram has the best chance of any Minnesota rookie to start in the Sept. 11 opener against Green Bay.
“I probably helped myself (Saturday), but I’m just going to keep on working,’’ Ingram said. “These (veterans), when they rush, they’re really smart. So they will expose you for any weakness you have. So you just got to be on your toes.”
The other two rookies vying to start the opener are running out of time, although both started Saturday. Safety Lewis Cine, a first-round pick from Georgia, remains behind Camryn Bynum, who was rested. Cornerback Andrew Booth Jr., a second-round pick from Clemson, remains behind Cameron Dantzler, who also was rested.
Booth was lost against the 49ers in the second quarter when he suffered a non-contact injury to his right ankle. He was walking with a slight limp after the game, and head coach Kevin O’Connell said he did not consider the injury seriou.
shttps://www.twincities.com/2022/08/21/vikings-rookie-ed-ingram-pleased-with-first-start-despite-giving-up-sack/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:Ingram, a second-round pick from LSU, had a Pro Football Focus grade of 69.9, which was decent but not great. Ingram, who played 34 of the 52 offensive snaps, was hampered by giving up a first-quarter sack to 49ers linebacker Javon Kinlaw.
That's a HOF worthy grade by Viking O-Line standards.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@purplefaithful said:Ingram, a second-round pick from LSU, had a Pro Football Focus grade of 69.9, which was decent but not great. Ingram, who played 34 of the 52 offensive snaps, was hampered by giving up a first-quarter sack to 49ers linebacker Javon Kinlaw.
And he's still learning. He won't be perfect, he'll give up a play. Everyone does. D-Hunter took it to Trent Williams in practice and that's life sometimes. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@purplefaithful said:Ingram, a second-round pick from LSU, had a Pro Football Focus grade of 69.9, which was decent but not great. Ingram, who played 34 of the 52 offensive snaps, was hampered by giving up a first-quarter sack to 49ers linebacker Javon Kinlaw.
Having the coaching to know what the issue was and admitting it is a huge step in the right direction.

Rookie Ed Ingram continues to take all the first-team reps at right guard: "He's right where we want him to be. There's still some competition there. We'll kind of let [Thursday] be a part of it, and then obviously the game on Saturday will play a major role in that final eval."

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-note...600201237/