Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh boy....
Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
I thought Chisena was the fastest.  I think he is 4.32.  Kene is also 4.32.

ISM is 4.43.  Same Albert Wilson.  Same JJ.  

"Speedy" Nailor ran a 4.5.
Article sez 4.39
Couldn't access the article because I am cheap.  I could access the viking.com site:  https://www.vikings.com/news/jalen-nailor-nfl-draft-5-things-to-know

"Nailor ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, which ranked 19th among this year's receivers, but his impact goes beyond straight-line speed."
Yeah, that puzzled me when he was drafted. So I looked into it a little bit. He is a fast guy. State champion sprinter. Plays very fast. Runs by people. Just happened to run a slow(ish) 40 time at the combine. 4.50. Not terrible, but not what you expect from a guy named "speedy." But he is said to have a 4.39 on record. 

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:

Forgot about Chisena. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:

Article sez 4.39
Couldn't access the article because I am cheap.  I could access the viking.com site:  https://www.vikings.com/news/jalen-nailor-nfl-draft-5-things-to-know

"Nailor ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, which ranked 19th among this year's receivers, but his impact goes beyond straight-line speed."
Yeah, that puzzled me when he was drafted. So I looked into it a little bit. He is a fast guy. State champion sprinter. Plays very fast. Runs by people. Just happened to run a slow(ish) 40 time at the combine. 4.50. Not terrible, but not what you expect from a guy named "speedy." But he is said to have a 4.39 on record. 
Exactly. I think his nickname "Speedy" isn't because of having top level speed, I think it's more how quickly he can accelerate and make quick cuts going full speed.  He plays fast, just watch some of his highlights.  His stop/start is Diggsy-esque. If he can avoid the injury bug, he'll be a productive WR for us when he gets a chance to crack the top half of the depth chart.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:

Article sez 4.39

Exactly. I think his nickname "Speedy" isn't because of having top level speed, I think it's more how quickly he can accelerate and make quick cuts going full speed.  He plays fast, just watch some of his highlights.  His stop/start is Diggsy-esque. If he can avoid the injury bug, he'll be a productive WR for us when he gets a chance to crack the top half of the depth chart.
The forty time is about the most over rated measurable in the game.  Like you said,  show me how fast you can get it up to speed and how quickly you can get in/out of breaks, straight line speed really only matters once every 4 years.

There ya go wet---invoking the Diggs part.  Makes me beg the question "how far can the new guy heave a dumbbell."