Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingram and Cine with the first team
Pretty good philosophy, especially the coach-to-player ratio. Maximize the learning opportunities. See who can grow. KOC got handed a pretty good football team with great facilities and a strong fanbase. Patient ownership who will go and pay for talent. A great area to live for raising his kids. Its up to him and the staff what they do with it, but this is a sweet opportunity without debate.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Pretty good philosophy, especially the coach-to-player ratio. Maximize the learning opportunities. See who can grow. KOC got handed a pretty good football team with great facilities and a strong fanbase. Patient ownership who will go and pay for talent. A great area to live for raising his kids. Its up to him and the staff what they do with it, but this is a sweet opportunity without debate.
What struck me (and its obvious in retrospect) is the chance to coach up the mistakes and see how well they adapt to a full playbook. 

If they cant grasp the plays and correct mistakes? Good luck making the roster. 

Man, looked up Ingram's Draft profile again: he's the perfect sized OG. 6'3", 320 lbs. Strong kid, too. Fingers crossed. Then draft this kid next year and you've got one hell of an O-line:

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/foo...-patterson

It was reported again yesterday that Ingram got some time with the 1s at RG and Reed went to the 2s. Not vet rest for Reed either. A good sign. Long preseason yet to go but if Ingram can continue to show well in August, he may be hard to keep off the field in late September. 

It was reported again yesterday that Ingram got some time with the 1s at RG and Reed went to the 2s. Not vet rest for Reed either. A good sign. Long preseason yet to go but if Ingram can continue to show well in August, he may be hard to keep off the field in late September. 
Hard to know whether this is Ingram actually earning 1st teams reps or the team giving him every opportunity to justify the high pick, but either way, it's not bad news. He stands a decent chance to be the starter week one. 

Even better news is all the raves Darrisaw seems to be getting. The general vibe is that when he gets beat, he always seems to have the juice to recover. That's a really really good sign. Everyone gets beat, but not everyone has the athleticism to recover and win the rep. As he learns, he'll get beat less and less often, but the juice is always there when he needs it. 

Can Jesse Davis play Center?  If so, slide him over one spot to the left.

Mr. Ingram was kicking ass and taking names yesterday. Yep, against backups but nonetheless, handling whomever was in front of him. Like his trajectory.

Mr. Ingram was kicking ass and taking names yesterday. Yep, against backups but nonetheless, handling whomever was in front of him. Like his trajectory.
I didn't watch him much but I'll have to take a look. I see Ingram the same way I see Mond. His growth potential is exponential---Ooo...I like that. Sounds like school house rock or something--Anyway...get him in with the ones.